• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

going crazy with a sawzall?

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
      going crazy with a sawzall?
      Yes Sir we got a littles crazy with it. I should be getting back to work on it Monday if all goes good

Comment

Totally in!!!

Comment

In

Comment

Soooooooooo......

Comment

Need Progress Pics!!!

Comment

In!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in, this should be fun.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                    something like this picture I grabbed off the interweb.

They're pretty darn cool, and extremely functional for someone that will put one to use.
                    I saw a smaller version of this yesterday on Highway 6 in Hearne.

It was a tandem axel, 18' trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Soooooooooo......
                      I have not made any progress yet. My son thats station at Fort Riley got to come home for a few days, we took him and our grandson wheeling at Wolf Caves. We had a good time for sure. On the flip side, I have had enough time to take measurements and come up with a good game plan I think on how to proceed. I need to move one axle to the back, then remove the other axle completely. Then I can remove the inner fenders and floor that area in. The one axle will allow me to pull it to work so I can use forklifts to set it on the GN. I am going to have to raise the RV 10" so the beck of RV will sit up over the neck of GN. The GN is 30' long, triple 7k axles and I need to extend to 42'. I need my center axle sitting at 28'. I plan to section trailer in front of the fenders and splice in 8' channel to put center axle at the 28' mark and then add to the rear of trailer to hit my 42' mark. This should be much easier vs adding 12' to rear of frame and weld in new spring hangers/fenders etc. Does anyone know of a toolbox setup that would slide in the 10" tall area? I wonder about the pullout toolbox setups used in pickup beds, then kind that slide out where tail gate is. I can go a little taller than 10" if need be, I would like to use that area for storage

Comment

Pretty ambitious project. If you could swing it, I would sell the 30' gooseneck you have for the longer size you need. I think it would prevent lots of headaches in the long run.

Comment

Interesting build and I'm in for seeing the completed version. But with a final trailer length of 42' plus RV & crawler weight, you might be getting close to a Class "A" license requirement just to tow it all. Not a CDL, but an actual Class "A" (non-commercial) rating on your license.

Your final gross weight of tow vehicle and trailer needs to stay under 26k lbs to stay out from that license requirement.

https://www.dps.texas.gov/section/dr...river-licenses

Just something to think about.

Comment

42 ft!?? wow, that is big. you are ambitious sir!

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
                              Pretty ambitious project. If you could swing it, I would sell the 30' gooseneck you have for the longer size you need. I think it would prevent lots of headaches in the long run.
                              There are a couple of reasons why I am not doing that. Right now, a trailer that is 42' would take 2-3 months before I received it. Next is the surcharges the MFG charge currently run from 20-26% of trailer cost, surcharges are continuing to rise each month. Which on a trailer this size would add about 2k to the price. Extending the trailer is not something new for us, actually pretty easy to do. My 30' is paid for

Comment

In!

Comment

Working...
                                X