KNIFEMAKERS HELP! Belt grinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KNIFEMAKERS HELP! Belt grinder

My 15 year old son is improving his tool bench for knife making and wants a 2”x72” belt grinder. No idea what to get and don’t wanna break the bank too bad. Please point us in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talk to Jason, I’m sure he can help. He has one for sale.

Comment

I do have one for sale, and can also point you a few directions.

Cheaper- OBM, Ameribrade, Grizzly
      Mid- Pheer, original KMG, Reeder
      High- TW-90, Wilmont, Broadbeck, Outlaw,

Comment

For the money Grizzly are very good grinders, I sold 3 recently used for 400.00 ea , very simple but effective. About 700 new
        Last edited by vanmedic; 06-28-2021, 11:52 AM.

Comment

I'm running one of these. So far it has been bullet proof. With all the attachments and extra wheels I have close to 3 grand in it. The variable speed controller with reverse is a must have IMO. It converts 120v to 240-3phase for up to 3hp motors. https://reederproducts.com/shop/ols/...ts/rps-grinder
          Attached Files

Comment

That was a good price on those Grizzlys. They have limitations, but are a decent starter machine.

IDK what your budget is, but go variable speed if you can afford it. You can save a little by going with a platen OR a wheel, rather than a platen and a hollow grinding wheel. Small wheel attachment is VERY useful.

Comment

I paid about $1000 for a Little Buddy from Chris at Wilmont Grinders, and it has served me well. The only drawback is not having variable speed. If I had to do it again for around the same price, I’d get a Pheer. They have an inexpensive model with variable speed.

Comment

Thanks everyone!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X