I-35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    There is nothing rougher than 69 from McAlester ok to the Tx state line. The right lane will put you in traction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you’re a trucker, the construction zone in McAlester and south of there can be an adventure. Just depends on the time of day and week. The signs warning of lane closure ahead are placed plenty of distance prior to alert drivers to change lanes. Instead of simply obeying what the signs say, motorists will speed going 60 to 80+ in a 35 mph construction zone all the way up to the blinking arrow and end of the closed lane. They force their way over at the last second and cut people off. This causes the entire line of single lane traffic to now slow down even more. I don’t get upset about it but I guess some folks like living on the edge.
    Last edited by Katsaregood; 05-28-2021, 05:02 PM.

Comment

This post will still be valid in 6 days, 6 weeks, 6 months and probably 6 years from now when someone bumps it.

Comment

Don't forget a verse about Temple...I've never seen a town with less going on, eff up a major interstate so bad. Waco screws up everything, so don't put it in your song.

Fact

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
          Thinking about writing a truckin song called I35 Georgetown Blues. Need some help with the lyrics. All I'm any good at is titles.
          Something like this? And credit a few previous posts that I worked into my “I-35 Georgetown Blues” song …

Got those I-35 Georgetown blues up to my ears

Don’t matter from Duluth to Dallas, it never clears

Listenin’ to Willie singin’ bout weed and cold beers

Just crawlin’ thru Austin shiftin’ gears dodgin’ steers

Thinkin’ the worst thing could happen of all of our fears

This parking lot highway be the same in 6 days or 6 years

Yeah, got those I-35 Georgetown blues up to my ears

Comment

From a guy who calls himself “3Chordtruth”.[emoji1360]

My grandfather built I-35 from 820 to the Denton County line, and my dad swears it’s been under construction ever since.

Comment

There is nothing rougher than 69 from McAlester ok to the Tx state line. The right lane will put you in traction.

Have you ever drove La-90 from Opelousas to Morgan City, Louisiana? Particularly the Evangeline Thruway in Lafayette. That will jar your ancestors.

Comment

Working...
              X