Computer/WiFi Gurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
    I'm jealous of your "crappy" 30-60 mbs speeds. I do good to get 2 mbs at my house with my Verizon mifi device, which is pretty much the only thing available without spending big $$ in my area.
    If we weren't paying big money.. I probably wouldnt care.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
      Your wifi broadcast on certain channels, and you're probably getting interference. There is an app that can see all the wifi signals near you and tell you what channel they are using.

You can then pick another channel and it should make the wifi faster.

When I get off of work I'll see what the app is called. I have it loaded on my tablet.
      I do this for a living, and this is where I would start.
      5ghz should have no problems unless your house is huge.
      Extenders cause more problems than they are worth sometimes, due to interference.
      From the way you describe it though, it sounds like the speed isn't there to begin with.
      Exactly what speed are you supposed to be getting?
      If you disconnect all devices from the router, and leave only a single TV connected, do you still have the problem.
      Is your TV a ROKU branded TV by chance?

Comment

My 2 cents:

Go to this website and test your internet speed while plugged in via cord vs. on WiFi. Maybe even try it on difference computers/devices to get more samples.

Use Speedtest on all your devices with our free desktop and mobile apps.

Post the speed differences here (both upload & download), and I might be able to help more.

Comment

Wifi is inherently slower than wired all day long, but it should be within reason. Since home service is asyncronous, you will never get equal up/download speeds at home like you would in most offices. I have found speedtest.net to be more scattered in its results than others, and tend to use xfinity test site even at work.

Check your internet speed, quality and performance with the AT&T Internet speed test tool.

Comment

I may have missed it, but...

Have you done a ISP speed test from the wired computer and a WIFI connected computer / device?

Like Madhatter asked, what are you supposed to be getting. I am in the crowd taht you need a better router. Worked wonders for me.

Comment

Working...
            X