No announcement yet.

San Antonio Deer Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had Schotts and Dzuik’s process my deer. Schotts has a couple locations but I’ve heard only one is part of the family the other is not. I’m not sure which is which but something to be aware of. I went to the location off Hwy 16 past SH 211 out in Helotes.

I was pleased with both when I used them, both try to get your meat back ASAP but if you order sausage or dried products it’ll take longer of course.

I have heard great things about Otteas and Eddie’s as well, just never been.

Comment

I have been going to Schott's off Bandera road and have been very please with the pricing and the final product.

Comment

Ottea's off 281.

Koepp in New Braunfels makes awesome dried sausage.

Comment

Originally posted by JMart76 View Post
          Had Schotts and Dzuik’s process my deer. Schotts has a couple locations but I’ve heard only one is part of the family the other is not. I’m not sure which is which but something to be aware of. I went to the location off Hwy 16 past SH 211 out in Helotes.

I was pleased with both when I used them, both try to get your meat back ASAP but if you order sausage or dried products it’ll take longer of course.

I have heard great things about Otteas and Eddie’s as well, just never been.
          Alamo Ranch and Helotes are Mikes. The one out on 16 is no longer associated with the family.

Alamo Ranch opens tomorrow 11/19 for the official first day.

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
            Alamo Ranch and Helotes are Mikes. The one out on 16 is no longer associated with the family.

They are already accepting deer at the Alamo Ranch location. FYI - they will not be taking deer at the meat market that is in the strip center in Helotes anymore. Glad to see there are so many supporting Mike, he is a good guy.

Comment

I’ve had good experiences with both. I’m not a fan of Dziuks breakfast sausage so will typically go to Schotts if that’s what I’m wanting.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                Presa locker plant does good work. Just sout of downtown. And p
                Penshorns in Marion. Penshorns makes good link sausage.
                Presa Locker been closed down for a while now

Comment

I take pretty much everything to kleins in boerne. I wont use granzins or otteas anymore. I also use bernhards in kerrville

Comment

Ottea because it is close to the house and they do good work. Glad the original family owns the place again.

Schott’s in Helotes in occasion, never had any issues with them.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                      I have used all 3 of those. Just had elk sausage made at granzin’s. I live in Boerne so Klein’s does most of mine.
                      I will give you what are my favorites.
                      Klein’s smokehaus for jap/cheese fresh sausage and chopped steaks. They also do tenderized cutlets we use for stir fry and chicken fried steak.
                      Granzins for summer sausage.
                      Trophy Buck in Lytle for dry sausage and buck sticks. They use chili pequin and pepper jack cheese.
                      Schotts does a good job with chili pequin sausage as well.
                      Man those Kline chopped steaks are the shiznitt

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                        Presa Locker been closed down for a while now
                        That place was filthy

Comment

I'm a Granzins fan for the most part. I especially like their summer, pan, and dried sausage. For raw sausage Dziuk's has them beat but New Braunfels is more convenient so I just use them for everything. We use Kleins for work... their smoking can be a bit harsh but their peppered jerky and bacon wrapped chop steaks are awesome.

Comment

We just got a deer back from Alamo Meat in Comfort. They did a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post

Did Rodney sell the one on Bandera/211? I know mike left that location but figured Rodney was going to keep it rolling?

Comment

Granzins gets my vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X