Target recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Target recommendations

I am shooting easton axis with the hit insert. I was recommended to shoot with the easton broadhead adaptor rings to protect the end of the carbon shaft. With the rings I have to use 11/32 field points. I learned the hard way to not shoot them into a bag target! I can shoot them into my yellow jacket broadhead target but they are hard to remove. Just looking for a good target that is easy to remove the arrows with this kind of setup Click image for larger version

Name:	20190729_191819.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	25185218

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I picked up a dice target made by morrel. It works good easy removal of arrows, but still barely stops my Full Throttles arrows. Is the only complaint.

Comment

I don't have one, but I hear the Block 6x6 is pretty good for easy arrow removal. I personally shoot the Rinehart Rhino Block. I wouldn't say its "easy" to pull the arrows, but it is one tough target and I expect it to last me at least a year or so. Even longer with the replaceable insert.

Comment

Rinehart 18 in 1s are super nice and last forever!

Comment

Try soaping your arrow, it might help enough that your current target will work

Comment

No reason to shoot the rings with field points. Why endure pain you don’t need to. Have shot Axis for 10+ years and never once used the BARs. Never had a shaft split on end either. The BARs are only necessary for IMO poorly designed broadhead ferrules which have a small chamfer on them. And for those who didn’t chamfer their arrows correctly to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
              this is what i use and love it. Its not the cheapest target but its durable

Comment

I really like my block 6x6 very easy to get arrows out

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                  The 18 in 1 is the only target I can get more than 6 weeks out of. I'll shoot a block out in a month..
                  I shoot axis arrows. If you use the 9/32 field tips you don't need the adapter.. I don't use the adapter with broadheads and I've never had a problem..

Comment

Ditch the BAR, you don’t need them.

Comment

Yeah ditch the BAR. Shoot regular field points for 5mm arrows and if you want to use the BAR with your broadheads sight in with them on. To be fair, easton axis don’t come out of many targets easily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

buy a matrix target and be done with buying a target for a long time...

Comment

Originally posted by JB_Archery View Post
                          buy a matrix target and be done with buying a target for a long time...
                          Dang, ai thought I liked expensive stuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                            Dang, ai thought I liked expensive stuff!!!
                            second that... but do they hold up outdoors? I hate lugging these things back into the garage

Comment

Are those block targets really worth it? Do they stand up to the elements? I’m tired of replacing bag targets each year.

Comment

Working...
                              X