Are you practicing yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
    For you guys that are shooting every day, where do yall practice? I can get maybe a 18yd shot in backyard, but ive gotten where im a little nervous about shooting in backyard of subdivision. 1. Dont know if its legal, and 2. Im worried one might get away. Where do yall practice?
    I have an area behind my neighborhood I can go shoot but before I moved 5 years ago I would find brand new neighborhoods to go shoot in or big deep retention ponds. Most people never said anything since I had a bank as a back stop.

Comment

Getting dialed in at 40, that’s about as far as I’m willing to shoot at deer. I wish elk would find a way to migrate about 1500 miles south, I wouldn’t mind shooting out to 60-70 on one of those guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
        For you guys that are shooting every day, where do yall practice? I can get maybe a 18yd shot in backyard, but ive gotten where im a little nervous about shooting in backyard of subdivision. 1. Dont know if its legal, and 2. Im worried one might get away. Where do yall practice?
        From my sidewalk through my front into back of backyard is 42 yards lol. I shoot from middle of my street sometimes for 50 yards. Drive 30 minutes away to farm for the 60-100 yard shots.
        Consistently shooting 18 yards as much as you can is way better then not shooting at all.

Comment

Yes sir. Pulled it out yesterday and made a few shots. Im good when season get here.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
            Yes sir. Pulled it out yesterday and made a few shots. Im good when season get here.

Dang you!! You owe me a keyboard!! I just spit iced tea all over it and my screen!! Folks in the office come runnin' in wantin' to know what's wrong... Thought I was chokin' or somethin'!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3689.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	24628183
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3688.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	24628184
              Practicing with my longbow dialed in at 25 yards.

Comment

I killed my first deer with a bow in 1986. To be honest, with modern archery equipment it’s not that difficult now. I shoot my bow about 3 times a year now....and that’s normally at the lease before I go hunting.

I don’t shoot my rifle every day either.

Comment

I normally shoot at least weekly Until about this time of year. I pulled something in my left shoulder and can't hold my bow up for more than a shot or two. I'm not good enough to not practice so I have bought a crossbow. It's like shooting a gun and doesn't take much practice to be proficient for my shots to only 30 yards.

Comment

Working from home I’ve started a 6 every 60. Every hour I shoot 6 shots for 8 hours. I figure if people in the office get a smoke break I can take a little break as well. Not to mention I get more work done at home than in the office

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                      From my sidewalk through my front into back of backyard is 42 yards lol. I shoot from middle of my street sometimes for 50 yards. Drive 30 minutes away to farm for the 60-100 yard shots.
                      Consistently shooting 18 yards as much as you can is way better then not shooting at all.
                      I have 37 yards from curb, down the side of my house through the gate to my back fence. A few more yards if i shoot from across the street with my kids or a neighbor as a.lookout for cars.

I've had folks slow down and watch me shoot as they drive by but noone has called the PO-po on me yet. Or I must be done and inside by the time they've shown up anyway. Lol

Comment

Working...
                      X