Live Oak Tree Brokers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Oak Tree Brokers?

Has anyone ever heard of Live Oak Tree Brokers?
    We have a bunch of live oaks from the 6” to 18” caliper range and are looking to sell them off.
    Some could be spaded and some would have to be boxed and removed with a crane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give Gabe at Mexia tree farm a shout. I’ve been out of the game for awhile…I’m sure someone on here knows someone.

Maybe look up a local landscape architect. They should have some info for you.

Comment

What would trees that size go for?

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
        What would trees that size go for?
        Retail Planted price, $15k and up.

Op, get with Environmental Design. They go all over, looking for specimen trees to plant and although Live Oaks are common, if you have easy access and a availability, they’ll most likely be interested, especially if there is a project close by.
        Last edited by Sackett; 11-30-2022, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
          Retail Planted price, $15k and up.

Op, get with Environmental Design. They go all over, looking for specimen trees to plant and although Live Oaks are common, if you have easy access and a availability, they’ll most likely be interested, especially if there is a project close by.

I will contact them. Thanks for the lead.

Maybe $15k for the buyer but… Any idea on what they pay the seller?

Comment

$15k?!?!

Comment

When I was in Georgetown I contacted a company- When they told me how much and the size of hole left for them to get oaks i didn’t know if I was going to break even once I replaced material. Kids cut stacked and sold firewood.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                $15k?!?!
                Yep. For the 6” caliper Live Oak, you’re probably looking at around $8-10K, planted. It goes up exponentially the larger the tree.

Op, if you do go the route of selling to a broker, make sure the contract has them filling the holes in with good soil. Those spades make a heck of a crater, especially the 18-wheeler trailer spades.

Comment

Really interested to see how this works out. OP, keep us updated.

Comment

First broker contact offer is $35/inch for trees under 12” caliper and $50/inch for trees over 12” caliper… I need to get more competing offers and talk to other people that sell trees.
                    But they wouldn’t give me contacts of other sellers for references.

Comment

Still looking for input

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
                        First broker contact offer is $35/inch for trees under 12” caliper and $50/inch for trees over 12” caliper… I need to get more competing offers and talk to other people that sell trees.
                        But they wouldn’t give me contacts of other sellers for references.

Did they include KG Jelley with their offer?

Comment

Send anvilheadtexas a pm. He sell's oak trees on here. He has an ad up now in the classifieds.

Comment

I was always told 1000$’s an inch to purchase and replant oak trees.

Comment

Yep. That’s about what I was offered in Georgetown. It was far less damaging to my property to just cut for firewood

Comment

Working...
                              X