Cartridge recommendations for Bergara Wilderness Ridge 308

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cartridge recommendations for Bergara Wilderness Ridge 308

I just acquired a Bergara B14 wilderness in 308 with a 1:10 twist. This is the model that comes with the 18” barrel. It will be shot suppressed.

I know many of you have this rifle. What cartridges have you had success with for hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

155 Gr Lapua Scenar

Comment

Nosler 150 Accubond

Comment

Nosler sure does like their ammo.

Comment

Don’t order from their site. Able Ammo has much better pricing

Comment

I purchased here in the past:

Comment

My 18” Bergara was very very picky… federal terminal ascent 175gr shot the best

Comment

Cabela's has Federal Fusion 150 grain online as I type this. Great bonded bullet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln Hawk View Post
                  Cabela's has Federal Fusion 150 grain online as I type this. Great bonded bullet.

No doubt the fusion is a great bullet but my Bergara doesn’t like them much. I wish it did because I have 223 that loves it and kills everything it hits. Well, within reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Geraldg6 View Post
                    No doubt the fusion is a great bullet but my Bergara doesn’t like them much. I wish it did because I have 223 that loves it and kills everything it hits. Well, within reason.

Have you tried the 168 Gold Dot? It's another bonded bullet. I've got a 20" Tikka with a can and handloads shoot very well. Terminal performance over 8-10 pigs and a similar number of WT deer has been exceptional. Lucky Gunner shows in stock for ~$33/box.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln Hawk View Post
                      Have you tried the 168 Gold Dot? It's another bonded bullet. I've got a 20" Tikka with a can and handloads shoot very well. Terminal performance over 8-10 pigs and a similar number of WT deer has been exceptional. Lucky Gunner shows in stock for ~$33/box.

I have not. I’m actually putting a list together from this thread.

Comment

I don’t have the Bergara, but my favorite .308 ammo for hunting is the Federal Premium 165gr Gameking. I have a custom with 20” bbl and suppressed and it just flat out kills. Killed 12 deer this week with it and each one performed flawlessly.

Comment

Working...
                        X