X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Called to Gratitude

Called to Gratitude
    by Dr. Paul Chappell

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.
    Habakkuk 3:17-19

In September of 1881, just sixteen years after the Civil War, Vice President Chester Arthur became the twenty-first president of the United States when James Garfield died. In November, having been in office for just over two months, Arthur, whose father was a Baptist preacher, issued a proclamation for a day of thanksgiving in which he wrote, “And although at this period, when the failing leaf admonishes us that the time of our sacred duty is at hand, our nation still lies in the shadow of a great bereavement, and the mourning which has filled our hearts still finds its sorrowful expression toward the God before whom we but lately bowed in grief and supplication, yet the countless benefits which have showered upon us during the past twelvemonth call for our fervent gratitude and make it fitting that we should rejoice with thankfulness that the Lord in His infinite mercy has most signally favored our country and our people.”

Our gratitude and thanksgiving to God do not rely on our circumstances, but on His grace and faithfulness. Even when things seem to be going wrong, He is still good. He never forgets or abandons His children. When we go through times of hardship and difficulty, God is always there. When we find our path forward blocked, He makes a way. When we have needs, He provides. And even in the midst of difficulty, we should not despair but turn to Him with thanks for all that He has done for us.

Today's Growth Principle:
    Gratitude does not spring from our circumstances or our condition, but from our faith in God's love and goodness.

Good one

Comment

Amen Bro Bill

Comment

Thanks for posting Bro Bill

Comment

Great one! Amen

Comment

Thanks for sharing. This hits home. My son (15) was just diagnosed with Dystonia and he’s having a really hard time and my whole family is as well. We have put it all in GODS hands and we trust him to heal our son, by medication a miracle or anything in between we have the Faith.

AMEN!!!

Comment

Thank You Bro. Bill

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Amen.

Comment

Good one !
                    TTT

Comment

Originally posted by HCGedge3 View Post
                      Thanks for sharing. This hits home. My son (15) was just diagnosed with Dystonia and he’s having a really hard time and my whole family is as well. We have put it all in GODS hands and we trust him to heal our son, by medication a miracle or anything in between we have the Faith.

AMEN!!!

Prayers to your son and family sir.

Thanks Brother Bill!

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by HCGedge3 View Post

AMEN!!!
                          We will be in prayer!

Comment

Thanks Bro. Bill

Comment

Working...
                            X