Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck! Love that trailer, looking to get one like that in the future

Comment

There’s no way I could sleep if I was going to the Jicarilla! Good luck to you guys!

Comment

Tuned in!

Comment

Good luck and safe travels.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Rolled into town around 5:00. Unpacked the trailer. Shot our bows. Grocery shopping is checked off the list.

Time to double check all equipment, Pack lunches, swap practice tips out with broad heads, and charge all camera batteries.

Meeting our guides @ 6:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by popeandyoung151 View Post
                There’s no way I could sleep if I was going to the Jicarilla! Good luck to you guys!
                Understatement.

Comment

Good luck. These threads are always awesome.

Comment

In for results. Good luck to you guys.

Comment

Good luck!!

Comment

Good luck in the morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like some epic trips in the making. Good luck bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally sitting down to eat after going over all of our equipment.

Lunches are packed and we’ll start out the morning with some bacon eggs and biscuits to get our calorie fix for the day.

A little back story to this hunt…

In 2019 Justin had mentioned a 2020 Elk hunt. He didn’t have to twist my arm at all. I was all in. He started researching outfitters, units, success rates, etc…
                            It didn’t take him long to land on the Jicarilla and contact guides. Unfortunately COVID cancelled all hunts for non tribal members and 2020 hunts were pushed to 2021.

After over a year of waiting, we were ecstatic to be fortunate enough to secure 2 tags for the 2022 season. That’s when the work began. We both went into health mode. Running, weights, & clean eating. I dropped 25 lbs. Going from 244 to 219. No way I was going on my first elk hunt and not making an effort to get in some kind of shape.
                            This week may still whoop me, but it won’t be from a lack of trying to prepare.

So here we are. Bout to hit the bed and try to sleep while anticipating what this week is gonna be like.
                            We both will be trying to get as much footage as we can between GoPros and Tactacams. And I’ll keep the thread as live as I can pending signal in the mountains.

Comment

Good luck to you gentlemen. Y'all go get 'em.

Comment

Aaaaaaaaw yeah!! looking forward to following your thread, Heith always an incredible thread to follow and I see no reason for this year to be any different

Comment

Working...
                                X