Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
    da_pepper

Great kickoff thread, and will certainly send you lat/longs of where BIG deer are spotted. No worries, I'll put the info in the mail to ensure that if your account is hacked the info is not leared by the bow hunting hacker.

Now on the matter of sought after information, and this is for everyone, do ya'll think the rut for this area starts around the last week in October and peaks around mid November?
    Yes I’d say peak is mid November. I’ve seen all stages and the peak is always mid November.

Comment

So what’s the plan on a gtg this weekend? Did we ever settle on who’s coming and where? Tg prefers somewhere indoors.

Comment

Well, unless someone has a better idea, how about West End Grill? I'm open, as long as it ain't outdoors. And I don't mind traveling a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Well, unless someone has a better idea, how about West End Grill? I'm open, as long as it ain't outdoors. And I don't mind traveling a little.
          Is that in cleburne? I’m down for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
            Is that in cleburne? I’m down for lunch
            Yes, Cleburne. On west end Business 67 in town. Almost by and across from Walmart.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

I wonder why ACE would wait till the 28th to make permits available on-line? As I recall about 10 or so years ago, well maybe 15 years , that was the plan by a new hunting coordinator. He was going to wait till Sept 1 before permits were to be issued. It was pointed out that a crowd would amass in the office lobby of about 1,000 hunters, where permits were issued (pre computer registration). And the date for permits was changed to Aug 15th or 16th. I had thought that 15th or 16th had been the date ever since? I hope their servers don't over load trying to take everyone's on-line app at the same time. And crash. What a mess that would be.

Comment

Bringing this up for page two.

Lunch will be at the West End Grill in Cleburne about noon today. Be there if you can. Everyone is welcome to come .

Look for a short old feller in a black shirt, me.
                Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-27-2022, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Howdy everyone, it's been a very long time since I've been logged and posting on here. As a matter of fact the young man in the profile pic is now almost as tall as me. Anyway is is good to see some familiar names on here still. Hope to see some old friends and make some new ones. See y'all around.

Comment

Welcome back WMR. You should come join us for lunch today in Cleburne.

Comment

Thanks for the invite and hospitality TG, it was good to see you again and nice to meet Ender as well. See y'all around.

Comment

Great to see you again, WMR. And great to meet your son as well.

Ender, it was great to finally meet you. And swapping some stories.

The best to both of you gentlemen this season.

Comment

Dang I missed it. Just got home from work. I may go out and bird scout tomorrow morning

Comment

Drove out yesterday and located the entry ways to B4. Stopped in at the COE office and gave them grief about the 28th date. Told him we would be online at 12:01 to renew.

Comment

Justin was that your truck closest to the campground?
                              I saw only geese dropping in a plowed field.

Comment

New 2022-2023 permits are up!
                                Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-28-2022, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X