Texas Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ungawa View Post
    I heard due to covid and gas prices they will will not be holding the draw hunt this year, so there is no need for anyone to apply. I'd hate to see everyone waste their money.
    I've got connections on the inside, this is true. Don't waste your money folks

Comment

Here is a list of proposed TPWD dates/sites.

They are mostly terrible hunts. Save your time and money applying. Mostly awful experiences every time me or my son have been selected.

Attached Files

Comment

Such a waste of money
        Attached Files

Comment

I've never drawn anything, but it has been good to the boy and this season will be my daughters first year of eligibility. I mainly put the kids in for various hunts across the board. The hunts I apply for are the most difficult to draw (like the one above). But, you cant draw if you don't apply.

Comment

Originally posted by lonestartiger01 View Post
            Such a waste of money
            WHAT! Yeah right dude, that’s a dream right there.

Comment

Me and my points are ready for this go round. Thry posted them at the beginning of July last year

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                I think some of our accounts fell in a black hole. I have something like 9 points in pretty much every category except GDE and I don't apply for high demand hunts. I can draw Elk, antelope, and deer tags in other states but can't get squat in my own for 9 years. GDE I was putting my youth son on our apps to let him "build points" and he actually drew, so it wiped out our GDE points and our whole card got to go out and have an awesome trip and fill the freezer. That kid went on 4 or 5 youth hunts and they were always great, highly recommend anyone with under 17 kids to put in for the youth hunts. For my wife and two older boys it's the same story, various amounts of close to double digit points across the board and nothing drawn.
                Yep, share the same frustration. Have 8-10 points across the board. Kinda hard to be overly optimistic when I know people who have close to 20 points across the board. Granted I only out in for the top tier units.

Comment

^^^this…frustrated

I’m sitting on 10+ points in multiple categories & donated plenty of money, payoff has to be coming soon

Comment

I've put in for several years as well. I did draw a hunt my second year applying (a gun management hunt). It's been awhile though. I'll double check but I think I'm up to 9 or 10 points in a lot of categories. I do however only put in for what I consider the best of the hunts (high success rates or more of a chance for a "trophy" deer). I'm looking forward to hopefully zeroing out some points this year.

I will say this though my son has been really successful in drawing hunts in the youth only category. Plus we've went on a couple of the youth hunts on standby as well. Really enjoyed seeing him be able to hunt on these hunts. Think he's went on 6 hunts so far with a couple more years to go.
                    Last edited by BradBryant1000; 06-16-2022, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Forgot to add.....

My daughter also drew a youth hunt and was successful on the hunt. I wasn't able to apply her for very many hunts because of her crazy schedule during high school (lots of school sports and competitive cheer).

Like mentioned above you can apply your kids in the adult categories. Let them start building up points in the adult categories at an early age. I just started doing that a couple years ago and wish I would have started sooner. I didn't realize you could do that and I don't know why I didn't know it

Comment

I've been drawn twice in my life. First time was Kerrville PLA. Took 7 years from the time that hunt was first introduced. I got drawn for second time last year, GDA, with 12 points. But started putting in a few years after I had already been putting in for the PLA hunt. Just gotta be patient. And hunt other public till ya get drawn. And once drawn, go sit and watch other folk talk about how there's no deer out there.

Comment

Get a group of hunters and rent an apartment or something for hunting season near public areas

Comment

Took my boys on multiple youth hunts - all were a blast and most importantly the boys had a great time. Great hunts all around. I have encouraged many a friend to apply.

Comment

23 points in GDE..........

Comment

I thought I was drawn but actually never, back when standby was possible I got picked up twice at the gates.

Comment

Working...
                                X