Trailer mounted Tent - Deer Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refurbished an old trailer a few years back four our hunting rig.
    29.5’ tip to tip and 24’ bed bumper pull with tandem 7,500 lb axels. We use it to haul tons of feed out west to our Dryden lease all year and the hauls all our quads and gear to keep us supplied on our annual 6 days out there every December.

My 14 year old son and I just picked up another lease near Blanco, but it doesn’t have a camphouse so we decided that we would have a spike tent sewn and do some fabricating on our trailer so the tent mounts to the front.

Was hard to do, but burnt 6 holes in her steel floor last night and then we made 6” deep heavy wall pipe inserts to act as female points for the tent poles to mount into the bed. We welded 1/2” solid square bar stops across the pipe ends so water and mud could flow thru while using the trailer.
    Took us about 3 hours to complete the welding aspect of the project and we painted her this morning.

Will be the width of the trailer minus about 3” and 10’6” long. Enough for 2 of us on cots.

We decided to go with Davis Tent out of Colorado. They had great reviews, a good price quote, and were willing to work on a “different” type project with a great attitude.

We completed the diagram of hole spacing and sent to them this AM and now it’s their turn to do what they do.

Still deciding whether we should go with tan or white material. Hmmmmmm...???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a great project.

What "general area" are you around Blanco? We might need to plan an opening weekend lunch or something.

Comment

Following

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
        Looks like a great project.

What "general area" are you around Blanco? We might need to plan an opening weekend lunch or something.

Few miles north of Blanco.

Comment

I live in Blanco and am an Ag. teacher at the high school. Welcome to the area!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntercoach View Post
            I live in Blanco and am an Ag. teacher at the high school. Welcome to the area!

Thank you! Love it thus far....
            Just moved to the Wimberley area and blessed to have found a great lease for an awesome price so fast. God is good.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Finally got the call from Davis Tent that the tent was shipping. Was emailed the cut list today for the 1” EMT for poles so I stopped on the way home and picked up the joints of conduit and got them cut and the ends de-burred, sanded, and painted to color match for easy install. Getting excited to see her up.

Comment

Comment

cool looking build!

Comment

Tent showed up today! Won’t be able to open her until Saturday, but’s getting excited.

Comment

Following

Comment

Sounds like a great idea!

Comment

following

Comment

following

Comment

Working...
                              X