Tactacam with Reaktor Solar Panel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
    I got the new ones today along with the return shipping label for the old ones just as they said. I will get them out tomorrow and see if they work. I’ll update more then.
    New ones work? I sent mine back to them almost a month ago and I can't get a response from them on if they even got them! I'd much prefer my money back at this point and never deal with them again.

Comment

I called to get a warranty claim started for the panel I bought this year. Full sun all day and it lasts about a week.

They're on sale for $39.99 right now so while on the phone I purchased another

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
        I called to get a warranty claim started for the panel I bought this year. Full sun all day and it lasts about a week.

They're on sale for $39.99 right now so while on the phone I purchased another
        I ended up calling a bit ago and they do have them and are going to get back to me tomorrow after they finally take a look at them. I don't want the **** things. I'll sell them to you for $40 each when I get them back if you'd like! My lease is 6 hours away and I don't trust this product. I ended up making some 12v feeder battery boxes with solar panels and they've been fully charged and varmint proof for several months now no issues.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TheWidowMaker View Post
          New ones work? I sent mine back to them almost a month ago and I can't get a response from them on if they even got them! I'd much prefer my money back at this point and never deal with them again.
          i got my replacement and never hooked it to anything. The tactacam was at 80% battery yesterday on amazon batteries. I get 10-15 pics a day on it. With that, I probably wont hook the solar to the camera

Comment

Originally posted by TheWidowMaker View Post
            I ended up calling a bit ago and they do have them and are going to get back to me tomorrow after they finally take a look at them. I don't want the **** things. I'll sell them to you for $40 each when I get them back if you'd like! My lease is 6 hours away and I don't trust this product. I ended up making some 12v feeder battery boxes with solar panels and they've been fully charged and varmint proof for several months now no issues.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
            I don't need anymore panels but appreciate the offer.

We're running multiple Reaktor panels and they've been great. China must've been lazy during the making of this batch.

Comment

Waiting to hear from customer service via email. Asked for replacements on two units. Test both with volt meters even after charging with 110v. Obviously not impressed thus far!

Comment

I got the new ones today along with the return shipping label for the old ones just as they said. I will get them out tomorrow and see if they work. I’ll update more then.
                Well both of these replacements have crapped out too. Gonna call them and see about a refund.

Comment

geez, sounds like I need to deploy mine and see if it works before I run out of replacement time

Comment

We’ve got 3 having the same issues. I’m going to try the test thing this weekend. But after reading all this I don’t have a ton of hope.

Comment

Well both of these replacements have crapped out too. Gonna call them and see about a refund.
                      Let me know how that goes. I'd much prefer a refund because I do not plan on using them.

Comment

I tried these on our Cuddeback cameras and they did not work with the Cuddebacks. Called the company and they were not much help. I bought 3 of them when one of their sales was posted on here a few months ago.

Comment

After my hunt tonight I went to pull the panel and charge it at the house. I could see red lights as the sun was going down from the stand so I hit the button. All 4 lights lit red and the camera turned on. It’s the stupid push to activate power that’s messing up. Once it draws down then charges back the panel isn’t on until activated

Comment

I've used the Tactacam solar panels on all of my Reveal cameras without any issues. Just plug and go.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptBill View Post
                              I've used the Tactacam solar panels on all of my Reveal cameras without any issues. Just plug and go.

Same here, but they apparently got a bad batch recently.

I was lucky and got mine before the bad ones. I have one camera that has taken almost 90,000 pics. It has no batteries and uses the Illusive wildlife panel.

Comment

Dadgum, I wish I would have seen this thread before I purchased another Rekator. It just arrived this week. I will not be purchasing any more of these. I have one that may be questionable. I thought it was my camera but it looks to not be charging now that I think about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X