Feel good story - amazing teen helps farmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel good story - amazing teen helps farmer

Superhero Teen Spends a Year Helping Farmer after he is struck with rare autoimmune disease

A long read, but worth clicking the link.

November 29, 2022

When her neighbor, a farmer, fell ill suddenly, a Minnesota teen volunteered to help him tend the land. The farmer was beyond grateful for the support, and the teen picked up new skills and tricks of the trade—thus a beautiful friendship was formed.

“Once Abi called to volunteer to come out and ride with me, Mary was relieved … I was relieved that I had somebody with me,” Steve said.

Abi was humbled by mistakes and boosted by every new lesson learned. Over 12 months the pair grew close, sharing great conversations about their hopes, dreams, and Abi’s plans for the future as they worked.

“Abi came out and rode with me on a daily basis, and all day on weekends,” Steve said. “She would get to the farm about two o’clock in the afternoon. Some days we would be done at seven o’clock, but there would be days where we would go until 10 or 11 o’clock … she’d be putting in eight, nine hours a day in the tractor with me.”

Good read, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Fantastic story, thanks for sharing.

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

Just when we think there is no HOPE for our world, God shows us that we are wrong. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great story.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
              Just when we think there is no HOPE for our world, God shows us that we are wrong. Thanks for sharing.
              Exactly why I posted it. Lots of good people and teenagers are still out there.

Comment

Good stuff

Comment

great story

Comment

That's pretty awesome!!

Comment

Fantastic!

Comment

A breath of fresh air! Awesome story and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, made me smile.

Comment

Working...
                          X