Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome.

Comment

Made food plots for decades on pipelines. They are great for it.

There won’t be any lines shallow enough for a disc to bother

Comment

If you need help with a locate ticket let me know, I can help you. I’ve done thousands of miles of pipelines and hundreds of thousands of acres all across the nation. Just finished 40miles today. I’ve gotten pretty quick at them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks bludau! I’m in Robertson county. We’re in the Station quite often. The pipeline is marked with signs on both ends. My dozer friend said they are usually buried 48”

Comment

All great info for all of us. Now I’ll have to find someone thats familiar with plant it food plots and has the equipment to do so. Unfortunately I don’t have the capital for that type of equipment.

Comment

No problem. Disc, plow, whatever. Just don't use one of the single or 3 shank 36 inch subsoilers. One of those could possibly contact the pipe.

Comment

How big you want it to be? And where’s the food plot going to be? If you’re close enough to my place, I’ll bring my gear over. I’m in northeast Jasper county

Comment

I hit a gas line in Round Rock/Austin ETJ taking out 6" of dirt for 3x5 rock construction entrance for a Fire Station build and I had to eat it. I had it marked thru the utility and still had to pay. I learned that you assume no depth.

Comment

Bruce. Give Herbie a call. He has a pipeline ROW going through his property.
                    He should know.

Comment

Dang! ThT was an expensive lesson

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                        Bruce. Give Herbie a call. He has a pipeline ROW going through his property.
                        He should know.
                        I’ve got signs on it bro. I’ll call the number. I’m concerned about putting landowner maintained signs on it though. There is already two year old yaupon growing in a couple of places. I’ll probably spray in the spring. Haven’t seen mowers since we lived there.

Comment

Expensive and scary, it was a high pressure line. It will dirty your tidy whities!!

Comment

I would put in a locate ticket, doesn’t cost you anything. An old line might not be near as deep as you think.

Comment

Drycreek - put down that rifle and get a cocker spaniel and shotgun. Nice looking pipeline.

Comment

Originally posted by BRUTE 23 View Post
                                Yes but call 811 and have the company locate it and tell you the debth. Don't let them tell you you can't do it but at the same time there is no legal requirement for debth of a line. There are plenty of lines a couple inches down in very poor shape.

Calling 811 is cheap insurance and will not hinder any of your plans.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                                This is your best answer here. It won't be any issue for you to do it but atleast the first time, call 811 and enter a ticket. Yes our companies are liable for the damage if the line is too shallow, but your still dead if you knock a hole in one.

I take care of several hundred miles of lines and don't know any other pipeline techs who would mind foodplots but would appreciate the call atleast first time so neither of us got surprised.

Comment

Working...
                                X