Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A weekend should be fine.

Comment

Thanks guys. It’s in mason county which is unit under a burn ban per the website.

Also on a good note, these piles are near my well so I can stretch a hose over there and wet everything around the burn pile down real well. And spray any remaining logs before I leave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
        Ok. Dumb question. If you call the county, the burn ban is off, and you ask them if you can burn, are you still ultimately responsible for anything that may happen after you received the ok?
        I’ve had dozer work done on our place and have about three piles that can be burned but don’t have a dozer on site.
        You are not asking if you can burn. You can ask if there is a burn ban and then you are notifying them you are going to burn. Have address, distance to nearest intersection, and any info about times, dates, equipment available ready to go just in case they ask.

Even in a burn ban you can some times get exceptions. They should tell you the hoops you will have to jump through.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
          Exactly! I had a TP&W biologist tell me they’d come out and do a controlled burn them after that it’d be on me. I’m thinking “oh hail naw. I ain’t burning someone else’s property up”!
          Can you light it up and keep it going in a light rain?
          I prefer burning in a light rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
            Yessir I would think that would be safer

Comment

If your pile is sufficiently dry and you can get it started, a light rain would be fine. A good hot fire won’t be deterred by a mist or drizzle but it should wet the area down enough that a spark won’t set everything else afire. I don’t burn my piles without my tractor or backhoe though, just in case. I have two I need to burn now, but waiting for deer season to be over.

Comment

Burning brush piles is one of the more satisfying aspects of life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Yes it is!!!

Comment

Our son loves watching burning brush piles

Comment

Amen!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                        yep, and it is an enjoyable sight. I have several in Burnet county I need to burn. However,

my tractor has a leak in a hydraulic cylinder and now battery is dead. Gotta get those fixed bfore I can be ready to burn.

Comment

That's my therapy.

Comment

I have 2 piles at my place ready to go and 2 real big piles at the other place. Probably gonna wait till dead of winter before I light those up. Don’t want to catch the leaves on fire that haven’t fallen off the nearby trees!!!
                            Plus, I want to do it when I have nothing else to do and I can sit and watch it burn while enjoying some cold ones!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                              How long typically does it take for a brush pile to burn down?

Obviously there is a lot of variables but in general.

Just wondering if I can get a pile burned down over a two day weekend trip.

It’s a pretty good sized pile. Mostly consisting of dead oak limbs and some trunks. It’s is very dead and dry. Been dead for many years.

This is the first or many to burn on my property it it’s right by the cabin and had some construction trash in there so it needs to go.

Any tips for burning are welcome also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Depends on size, how dry the wood is, and what else is in it(dirt, etc.). We had 7 acres of cedars dozed off our property so we had about 16 very large brush piles. Looking back I would have wind-rowed it instead. No luck with burning in light rain, unless the pile is already flamed up then it rains afterward. The guy had pushed a lot of dirt and mud into ours too. Yeah the wood mostly burnt out of it in a couple hours but in the end you had black stumps spread everywhere along with several piles of dirt.
                              Most of the time I just played the wind direction before I would burn certain ones since I'm surrounded by other farms/ranches.
                              Your best bet is to keep it pushed together, it will totally burn to nothing. Since I did not have the equipment to do that, it created much more work for me than it should've been.
                              Good luck!

Comment

I have a big (to me) pile at my place. They lifted the burn ban and it’s rained but every time I’m out there the wind is up. I really want that thing gone as it just keeps getting more and more massive the more projects I do.

Comment

Working...
                                X