No announcement yet.

Hag Segment C 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well playing your cards right on this one, throwing a hissy fit about not letting track him further you for sure won't see those horns again, this way there's a chance you might if he finds him dead. That guy is a hunter and just a guess was probably after that buck.

Comment

Gents, I had to head out @1pm, I got to see Perows deer in my rearview, Antlers- sorry about the loss of a deer, it's sad that the landowner didn't want you spending much time- it's not his deer.

I enjoyed it immensely as I do each time, I'm tired, but thanks for taking me along on your Hagerman weekend. Big ones are still there, as I, and you know they are.

Comment

I’d love to hear the story of how it went down Spencer, if you wanna share.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
          I’d love to hear the story of how it went down Spencer, if you wanna share.
          Give me a bit just got home and need to start emptying out the truck

Comment

Nice one.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
              I moved to a narrow funnel and rattled. Not 1 minute later an arrow was released. Shot placement was as a tad forward and in the shoulder. Penetration sucked with only 6-7” in. Buck turned and ran across a field. Blood trail looks really good however he has crossed to private and sitting on some famous individuals property.

Making calls and seeing what we can get permission to do.
              Now I’ve gotta know what famous person lives out there that sounds like a semi richard

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                Now I’ve gotta know what famous person lives out there that sounds like a semi richard
                LOL I see it got deleted from this thread, its that Aggie youtuber from Dude perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                  LOL I see it got deleted from this thread, its that Aggie youtuber from Dude perfect.
                  I saw a total Richard crainium.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                    Nice he looks like gram paw old👍

Comment

That’s a wrap. Adrenaline packed, fun, tiring, heartbreaking trip! It’s a tough pill to swallow losing game. That buck is dead hands down. Long ride home but I’ll do a write up tomorrow. Time to get home and see the wife and kiddos.

If it was up to me I would pay for a dog to come in right now and recover that deer but neither I nor the GW can do anything. Tough trip and I now know why Hag is such a magical place.

Comment

That’s tough

Comment

He sees this thread. That’s 100% factual

Comment

I don't understand, guy seems like a ****, why delete?

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                              I don't understand, guy seems like a ****, why delete?

The owner of the property gave the GW and Jason permission to cross onto his place but asked once no more blood was found they stop. He has a hunt planned out there for this week and didn’t want people to just be wandering around.

Jason and the GW found blood on the property but then no more. The GW determined to stop and they left the property.

Is the deer dead-highly likely

If the property owner finds the deer dead hopefully he will get the head to either the GW or Jason.

Jason was my hunting partner for Hag and I promise you no one more than me wanted Jason to be able to recover the deer but it is what it is.

Jason pulled his socks up grabbed his bow and hunted the rest of the day.

There have been plenty of landowners that wouldn’t even let you look, most surrounding owners HATE the Hag hunt because we are killing THIER deer so I think this guy was gracious to even let them try.

Just my $0.02

Comment

I can see both sides of it, if Mr. green jeans wants to come stomping around my property I'm going to say no also. If LO finds it hopefully he does the right thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X