X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gitter done!

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
      What happens if you shoot one less than 14” wide?
      Not sure.. A fella killed one with a rifle last year, that I saw while bowhunting, that was not 14" but he was a very mature buck.. I have idea what the penalty is or would be.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
        What happens if you shoot one less than 14” wide?

From what we were told last year is they will call the GW and deer will be taken from you then kicked off the property for the rest of the hunt and possibly ticketed depending off the GW. They made it very clear there will be no forgiveness towards a buck under 14”

Never had a buck in front of me to worry about but I wasn’t going to risk it in anything close

Comment

Hope there’s soon to be LDPs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hopefully the lack of updates means everyone is cleaning an animal right now

Comment

Well we struck out fellas!! It was definitely a learning experience. Pretty cool to see it all come full circle.

Comment

Thanks for the updates gents. Safe travels home.

Comment

Wow. Nothing big. Drought must have really hurt. Wonder what the ages of the Bucks were?

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
                    Well we struck out fellas!! It was definitely a learning experience. Pretty cool to see it all come full circle.

Not to sound rude or create any hard feelings but the Chap has not produced enough to be considered an elite or premier WMA in my eyes any longer.

Was hoping for a lot more success for the first archery hunters, and looking forward to the 2nd archery hunters to have a good hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
                      Not to sound rude or create any hard feelings but the Chap has not produced enough to be considered an elite or premier WMA in my eyes any longer.

Was hoping for a lot more success for the first archery hunters, and looking forward to the 2nd archery hunters to have a good hunt.

Sounds like a 125” is a shooter

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post

Awesome then hopefully you won’t apply for this hunt and improve my odds….this is still one of the best chances at a public land P&Y or booner…

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post

I'm surprised at the size of the bucks killed. When I was there on a Javi hunt years ago they had several 140"+ killed that season on the board. A few were substantially bigger

Comment

Maybe tpwd should put a 140 inch minuium on the chap.

Comment

Do you think the drought might have had something to do with reduced antler size? Huh, It seems to have everywhere else.

Comment

I think the drought definitely had an effect on antler size this year. The mature buck I saw yesterday should have had better antler growth. Had a barely legal 8 in front of me this evening but probably only 3 1/2 year old so I didn’t shoot him. It was a good hunt even without killing anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X