No announcement yet.

Outdoor Brand Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im not really brand loyal....have drove ford, chevy, dodge, gmc....whatever i like that i can afford.
    i only drink Shiner Bock or Dos Equis w/lime
    Love Don Julio Blanco tequila
    Prefer Cinch Jeans over anything else but will wear Wrangler 31mwz
    Realtree camo

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
      I spend almost every day of the year outdoors and I hunt about 200 days per year so my outdoor clothing gets a lot of use and the high end brands just last longer, period. I also like to wear my hunting clothes as daily clothes and the variety of solid colors appropriate for casual wear that can double as outdoor wear makes these brands especially attractive. I have one old under armor storm jacket that I wear occasionally but I have pretty much every item that Sitka makes for women and some Kuiu. Both brands are great and the womens lines are on point which makes the booty look good.
      It suddenly occurs to me that while I've spent years streamlining my gear, my setups, and even the camp scene...I may need to be paying more attention to how the booty looks.

Comment

I got my first pair of Sitka bibs a few years ago and thought it was made with fairy dust or something. Light weight, not bulky but somehow kept me WAY warmer than any other bibs I’d ever used. I started getting the under layers and eventually upgraded to the whole line up and absolutely love them. Pockets and zippers are in really great places imo and I don’t have to layer with 1000 layers to keep warm. I struggle in the cold so warmth is a big deal. The early season stuff is ok I suppose, I could put a regular t shirt on and call it a day but the cold weather stuff is wonderful.

Havalon knives for hunting, Leupold scopes, badlands bino harness, scope cover and duffel bags are all brands I have beat to death and are still going strong. BOG deathgrip is another I’ve beat to death that I wouldn’t go into the stalk without. I’m sure if I could afford some RRR gear I’d switch grips but for my budget the BOG has been great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by buckhunter1999 View Post
          I have several buddies that absolutely despise certain brands in the outdoor industry and some that they swear they will never stop using. Do most of y'all feel this way about specific brands? Are there certain outdoor brands you refuse to use or brands that you will only buy from?

Personally, I am loyal to no brand. If they have a piece of gear or equipment I think is helpful I will use it.

This topic was sparked by a Sitka vs Drake Waterfowl debate
          Drake has been bought and sold a few times, there for their quality has had questionable time periods where waterproof ment only critically sealed not FULLY seamed seal, overall quality really suffered. Sitka has only been sold once to WL Gore aka goretex… it’s not even a comparison of quality since WL gore holds any MFG licensing their fabrics/textiles/membranes to very strict standards.

With that said I don’t wear either.

But no, Why would any one detest a brand…. More competition means better stuff for the consumer… more brands the better

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
            I may be the ONLY loyal Muddy camera guy out there. $30 and I have only had an issue with one (out of 10). I often place cameras where they could get abused or stolen.

I just got my second one yesterday. $30 amd takes great pictures. My first one is on year 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thread turned out to have much more involvement then I expected!

Comment

One other "brand" that I absolutely loathe... Not specifically outdoors, but has caused me untold grief because of damaged or lost outdoors goods... FED EX!!! I am not fond of ANY common carrier, but these guys are by far the very WORST!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
                  I may be the ONLY loyal Muddy camera guy out there. $30 and I have only had an issue with one (out of 10). I often place cameras where they could get abused or stolen.
                  I gave every one of my Muddy's away. Some still in the package. From fogging up to water leaking in and terrible pictures I finally gave up.

For a cheap camera I have had great luck with the Tascos.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                    I gave every one of my Muddy's away. Some still in the package. From fogging up to water leaking in and terrible pictures I finally gave up.

For a cheap camera I have had great luck with the Tascos.
                    The cheap Tascos have been super solid for me. Work great and take good pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                      First of all, I am a brand guy. I support brands I believe in, that make a great product, and I like what they are doing from innovation to marketing. I am also in the industry as well, so it matters to me.

I own a lot from both companies, but I am leaning towards Kuiu when I need to add to my kit. For me its the quality of the gear (performance, life cycle, features, warranty, etc.) that will keep me sticking to the company. There is no question the technical aspects of there gear is a benefit out West. Now when I go sit in a box blind this weekend in Texas, do I really need a Kuiu on, of course not. I do know the money I invest into those items will be with me my entire hunting career.

Another note is most of these companies such as Kuiu, Stika, etc. are making the move to solid colors vs camo. The consumer is much more willing to spend more dollars for extra use out of the items in non-hunting situations as well as the understanding of not needing camo in certain hunting situations as well. These companies are seeing a huge shift into solids going forward. This also helps justify the cost and value to the consumer.

Great comments.

Enjoyed visiting your website and learning about your company's history!

Comment

Originally posted by buckhunter1999 View Post
                        Anyone a die hard Sitka guy? Or die hard Kuiu? If so I would like to hear why

I wouldn’t claim to be a diehard. I have been wearing academy and cabelas clothing lines for years as I started to hunt harder and their cloths became cheaper made I was not getting the satisfaction out of them that justified me spending more money on them and support a product I’m not happy with. I’ve always looked at Sitka and Kuiu and got sticker shock and thought they were out of their minds. I got so fed up with the cheap cloths I got drunk and ordered a set of Sitka before a elk hunt. After wearing them for couple days straight thru harsh environments I never looked back and order more every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          It suddenly occurs to me that while I've spent years streamlining my gear, my setups, and even the camp scene...I may need to be paying more attention to how the booty looks.

Even a woman who clips coupons will pay top dollar for something that makes her booty look good. Y'all da** well better be looking!

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                            Even a woman who clips coupons will pay top dollar for something that makes her booty look good. Y'all da** well better be looking!
                            No worries. I’m old and happily married but I still love looking at a fine behind.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                              Wildgame Innovations, everything I have tried from them has been pure crap, most of the stuff was given to me as a gift (birthday/Christmas/etc).

This

Comment

Rtic

Comment

Working...
                                X