Table Saw Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Table Saw Recommendations

Looking into getting a table saw to start doing some cutting and building some items around the house some DIY nothing professional or for contract work. My space is kinda limited about half a 2 car garage stall or I could use my shed also. I’m just starting out so I don’t need something like a $3k setup or anything like that. Everything I see online is portable job site battery operated table saws. I’m leaning toward Milwaukee or Dewalt but I kinda don’t like the battery situation. I know they say the batteries last longer and are more powerful but I feel for a dedicated house use table saw I should just get a corded option to have power all the time. Anyone have any use with the Milwaukee portable table saw or the dewalt? Any pros or cons? Should I just get the portable or just get an extra battery I could swap out as needed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm happy with my skil worm drive portable.. it plugs in and can rip 4x4's . Does everything I could want, but i'm just a hobbyist

Comment

I have a craftsman folding table saw. I am nothing more than a hobbiest but it does everything I need it to do. I'd recommend you spend the time to set the saw up right each time you use it. Verify blade angle, check for fence being square to blade etc .

Comment

I would not buy a battery table saw. I love Jay Lenos garage, and to quote him everyone lies about sex and battery life. My most used tool, and the most dangerous tool I own. I would get something more sturdy than a jobsite saw, if you have the room.

Shop DELTA Contractor saws 10-in 15-Amp Contractor Table Saw with Fixed Stand in the Table Saws department at Lowe's.com. This 10-in contractor table saw provides the function and flexibility you need on the job. The 15 amp motor generates enough power to rip thick stock or

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
          i'm happy with my skil worm drive portable.. it plugs in and can rip 4x4's . Does everything I could want, but i'm just a hobbyist
          I narrowed it down to Dewalt and Skilsaw 2 years ago and then decided not to buy one. I really should have bought the Skilsaw brand because I could have gotten it for a little over 400 bucks with the rebates , but I`m a tight *****. Check out this You Tube video about table saw comparisons. It has some goof info on it. They do not discount them very much if at all on these 2 brands.

Shop DEWALT 10-in 15-Amp Portable Jobsite Table Saw with Foldable Rolling Stand in the Table Saws department at Lowe's.com. The DWE7491RS 10-in jobsite table saw 32-1/2-in rip capacity, and a rolling stand has a 15 Amp motor and 32-1/2-in rip capacity to allow cutting of large and

SKIL’s legendary Worm Drive power train delivers superior torque, an aggressive 3-5/8 IN. depth of cut, and 30-½ IN. rip capacity.

https://youtu.be/5oi5BTKl2hY

Comment

I don't have room for a cabinet saw so I had to go with a jobsite model I can roll into the corner when not in use. I really wanted the Sawstop for it's safety features and heavier table but I couldn't justify spending almost $1,600 on something I won't use that often. I ended up going with the Dewalt for $599. I bought it about 6 months ago and so far I'm very happy with it.

Comment

The Rigid portable table saw is currently on sale for $349.99 at Home Depot. I've considered picking one up for myself.

Comment

I got a Craftsman that is 20 years old. I would buy what my budget allowed me, I try not to skimp on tools.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  I don't have room for a cabinet saw so I had to go with a jobsite model I can roll into the corner when not in use. I really wanted the Sawstop for it's safety features and heavier table but I couldn't justify spending almost $1,600 on something I won't use that often. I ended up going with the Dewalt for $599. I bought it about 6 months ago and so far I'm very happy with it.
                  https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-1...91RS/204512007
                  This is a really good saw. Lots of good reviews on it.

Comment

check out the Rigid granite top saw. On casters so you can roll it round but solid and stable, much better than the job site saws.

Comment

If you take the time to tune it well an older craftsman will do you well and do you great if you replace the fence. They usually can be had for 100.00 but are difficult to tune. If you go the old contractor saw route invest 20.00 in saw "pals". It'll make alignment easier.

Me, I have cabinet saws. They are easy to tune, stay tuned and do the job.

Comment

I've generally been pleased with Ryobi tools, but I've never been pleased with my, albeit inexpensive, Ryobi table saw. I would not buy another one. I have many battery powered tools, but I can't imagine a battery-powered table saw being sufficient. Th next one I buy will have an integrated stand. I'd buy the best your budget allows given all your other needs.

LWD

Comment

The bigger the table saw the safer it is.

I used the Ridgid 10 in job saw for a while. Works well.

Currently running a Jet cabinet saw. One thing to keep in mind, the Sawstop gets cheap if you ever wish you had it.

Comment

I have a Rigid folding table saw that I bought used off of a TBH member off the classifieds and it's been great. Folds up pretty compact and you can wheel it around easily. My wife and kids do lots of UM Army projects where they go work on people's houses in different towns and it was just the ticket for what they do plus it works good at home for the level of carpentry I am capable of. And it folds up and stores out of the way in the garage.

Comment

Any opinions on the Bosch table saw?

Comment

Working...
                              X