Labrador

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labrador

I recently posted on here that I lost my Lab to lymphatic cancer. Many on the screen gave me many kind comments. Those were very much appreciated. I have been looking to acquire a lab puppy but many seem to cost 1,2 or 3k. Seems expensive to me but maybe it is not. I have checked several rescue locations and shelters but no luck. If you know of reputable dealers or some other idea please let me know. But like I said maybe those prices are correct. Thanks for any help.

Sorry about your lab. I had the same shock when looking. Pick of the litter I saw around 2k for most and 500 for some of the last litter mates. This was for registered labs. That was last fall.

Comment

If I can find a suitable daddy in San Antonio I'm looking to breed my female, she's just too good for me to let that bloodline go and she's starting to get some age on her. Pups will not have papers, part of the agreement I made when I got her (for free) was that they're not to be bred for profit. I don't know how quickly you want to get a pup but all I'd ask for these pups from any TBHer is cover shots and such.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by justletmein; 08-07-2020, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Honestly - you might want to consider doing what I did and find yourself a lab mix. Easy enough to find on craigslist and they usually go for 200-300.

PM me if you want to know the mixes and pictures to get an idea of how they all look full grown. Two are every bit capable as hunting retrievers with the youngest one being trained right now at 4 mo old. Best dogs I've ever owned.

Comment

Beautiful lab, keep me in mind

Comment

I lost my lab of 16 years in March. I picked up this puppy for my kids about 2 weeks ago for $500. He’s akc registered and sweet as can be. You can definitely find them for less than 2k.
            Attached Files

Comment

Justletmein, keep me in mind when you pull the trigger on this. My girl is starting to get a little age on her and the wife has wanted me to find another pup soon.

Comment

cross creek kennels outside of Crockett, TX usually has theres for around $800. They have good lines and have litters posted on their website

Comment

Originally posted by Tex21 View Post
                  cross creek kennels outside of Crockett, TX usually has theres for around $800. They have good lines and have litters posted on their website
                  I bought a pup from Matt and Helena back in 2010. He has been a GREAT dog and I cannot recommend them enough. The dog is a great companion, is an inside dog, will fetch baseballs until your arm falls off, and is a great hunting retriever. Give Matt/Helena at Cross Creek a call.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                      If I can find a suitable daddy in San Antonio I'm looking to breed my female, she's just too good for me to let that bloodline go and she's starting to get some age on her. Pups will not have papers, part of the agreement I made when I got her (for free) was that they're not to be bred for profit. I don't know how quickly you want to get a pup but all I'd ask for these pups from any TBHer is cover shots and such.
                      love the dog "camo"

Comment

Originally posted by cactusassjohn View Post
                        love the dog "camo"
                        That war paint is a huge hit, everybody on public hunts gets a kick out of it. I may have some better pics somewhere. Wife posted a pic on the BookFace and somebody commented "your dog has such unique markings" and we tried to come up with a polite reply for about an hour and gave up and had to just ignore it.
                        meh, can't find any better pics must all be on wife's phone.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by justletmein; 08-10-2020, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Have checked heart of Texas lab rescue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                            That war paint is a huge hit, everybody on public hunts gets a kick out of it. I may have some better pics somewhere. Wife posted a pic on the BookFace and somebody commented "your dog has such unique markings" and we tried to come up with a polite reply for about an hour and gave up and had to just ignore it.
                            meh, can't find any better pics must all be on wife's phone.
                            The office got a good laugh................

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                              Justletmein, keep me in mind when you pull the trigger on this. My girl is starting to get a little age on her and the wife has wanted me to find another pup soon.
                              She normally goes into heat right before duck season and I'm trying to skip that one, the next I believe is April/May or so maybe a bit earlier so we're probably looking at next summer or so timeframe. I still need to find a boy doggie and figure out how all this works, never done that before only ever had accidental litters never planned it out with a dog I don't own. I'm not very good with organization though so if yall see an ad in the classifieds next year please shoot me a reminder you and a couple other guys are top of the list.

Comment

Working...
                              X