Bois d’arc worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bois d’arc worth

I’ve got a very big bois d’arc tree in my yard that’s pretty much dead. I don’t really want to deal with cutting it down. Is it worth anything? Any chance someone would come cut it down for me and use the wood?

I’ll trade someone the whole tree for a bow made out of it

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
    I’ve got a very big bois d’arc tree in my yard that’s pretty much dead. I don’t really want to deal with cutting it down. Is it worth anything? Any chance someone would come cut it down for me and use the wood?

I’ll trade someone the whole tree for a bow made out of it
    Pay for a new chain and you'll probably find someone

Comment

They’re great for brush piles in lakes. Call a friend you fishes and see if he will take it.

Comment

Message Selfbowman on here. He make excellent bows. IDK if he would be interested or not, but maybe he can point you in the right direction, if nothing else

Comment

It’s defiantly worth some money. Guy I bought some walnut slabs from was selling bois darc for $400 a slab. This was big fat bar style slabs but it looked like nice wood

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey Head View Post
            They’re great for brush piles in lakes. Call a friend you fishes and see if he will take it.

You’re gonna need a barge to sink this one or I would’ve already done it!

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
              Pay for a new chain and you'll probably find someone

Might take a dozen is the problem!

Comment

I had a couple bows made from osage. Around here they trim and bulldoze if possible

Comment

Should be a couple of bow staves in there.

Comment

Used to be a member on here that dealt in wood that could have told you current price/value

Can't remember his screen name, was down around Henderson/Mt Enterprise I think

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                      Used to be a member on here that dealt in wood that could have told you current price/value

Can't remember his screen name, was down around Henderson/Mt Enterprise I think
                      Terry Dunn aka Ruby Dog ????

Comment

If they are worth anything I have a big one down by tank here in Mesquite if someone wants to come cut it down I'll come watch the sparks fly. Seriously if anyone wants to cut it just holler

Comment

I'm not looking to make any money on this. Just want someone to come cut it down for me

Comment

Walnut is about the only single tree worth someones time. My guess you are about to spend about $700-1200 to get it removes unless you are rural where they can stack and burn.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                              Walnut is about the only single tree worth someones time. My guess you are about to spend about $700-1200 to get it removes unless you are rural where they can stack and burn.
                              Yeah if it's that much its either staying or ill deal with it myself. I am rural though and we could burn it where its at......now im thinking....

Comment

Working...
                              X