Caddo Lake Fishing Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caddo Lake Fishing Guide

Looking for a referral for my family and I.

Thanks in advance.

We fished down there several times, didn’t hire a guide and never had been there before. We did great on our own. There is a place you can rent canoes ( honor system, you just put money in a box thing and take canoe, return it when done and leave, don’t have to deal with anybody) or another place we rented an aluminum boat. We caught most on 8 inch black worms. Some with a blue tail some with red, didn’t seem to make much difference. We also did good on chigger craws in pumpkin, and black. Bass, bowfin and a couple Gar and some pretty big sun fish. That’s a really cool lake, we think about trying to buy a house around there from time to time. But heard they don’t take well to “ outsiders”. We had a pretty big gator right next to the canoe we rented one day. Reason we rented the aluminum boats after that.
    Last edited by critter69; 06-07-2020, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
      We fished down there several times, didn’t hire a guide and never had been there before. We did great on our own. There is a place you can rent canoes ( honor system, you just put money in a box thing and take canoe, return it when done and leave, don’t have to deal with anybody) or another place we rented an aluminum boat. We caught most on 8 inch black worms. Some with a blue tail some with red, didn’t seem to make much difference. We also did good on chigger craws in pumpkin, and black. Bass, bowfin and a couple Gar and some pretty big sun fish. That’s a really cool lake, we think about trying to buy a house around there from time to time. But heard they don’t take well to “ outsiders”. We had a pretty big gator right next to the canoe we rented one day. Reason we rented the aluminum boats after that.
      I drove all around the lake recently and didn’t find any place to rent an aluminum boat. Do you have a name or contact info for those rentals?

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post

My family is from caddo lake and several live directly on it. Time stopped advancing out there about 40 years ago. They’re some of the best people you’ll ever find, but it can be a hard life for many there. They take kindly to all- as long as they don’t bring their big city ways out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bet it's been over 20 years since I've been on Caddo! Last time may have been launching from Plum Orchard and Orlando Wilson was launching in front of me! Well getting his boat put in the water. I can't remember the old mans name but for $5 I think he backed you in the water and parked the truck with the windows down and the keys still in the ignition. Sat on the porch all day loading and unloading boats. Good times!!

Comment

Drew Black..... 903 outfitters

Comment

Working...
            X