No announcement yet.

Stand-alone Home Ice Make Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the Scotsman under counter sonic ice machine next to our kitchen sink and love it. Mine is 10 years old. I believe they sell for about $4000 now.

Comment

Whatever you choose get a great water filter for it. We run through about 3000 lbs of ice a weekend at the restaurant. We never have had problems after upgrading filter systems.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
        A place in Leakey had one of those sitting on the porch of the main office. Got wet with a norther, cold and yet they never had a problem. It lasted 12 years lol. I'm seriously thinking about getting one.
        I am glad I got mine. I will never recoup my money back vs buying sacked/bulk ice but it sure is convienent.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
          Whatever you choose get a great water filter for it. We run through about 3000 lbs of ice a weekend at the restaurant. We never have had problems after upgrading filter systems.
          This for sure. Also you got to remember to change the filter lol.

Comment

I had a Scotsman that went out. Cost to repair was $6k so I looked around for a new one. The nugget ice style Scotsman is roughly $4k new.
            I didnt need nugget ice so I was looking around for other models. I walked into Tri Supply on Thursday to look at a door and there was a Scotsman open box item setting there. It was exactly what I wanted and cheaper than I found elsewhere.

Literally as Im typing this, Im installing it. I took my trash compactor out and Im putting the icr maker there.

They are really nice to have

Comment

If you don't get the type with a refrigerated storage bin, all you are doing is making ice to go in the bin to melt and be replaced with more ice.

Comment

Following, thanks for posting this useful info.

Comment

I had a Hoshizaki with a 400 pound hopper at my last house. I had it in the garage for awhile and it ran a lot because of the heat. Saw a noticeable difference on the electrical bill also. I moved into my garage office that was AC’d and that helped tremendously.

Comment

Manitowic lots of different models to choose from, every cube design you
                    can imagine and priced reasonable, easy to install.

Comment

Working...
                    X