Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone spotted any Purple Martin or Hummingbird scouts yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
    No hummer sightings here yet but I think we've successfully become first year PM landlords!! They are becoming more and more active everyday and must like what they see. [emoji106]

http://youtu.be/mO5vkniNIFo
    Awesome!

Comment

Few hummingbirds Yoakum

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
        Did you protect your coral honeysuckle during the freeze? Mine got hammered but is coming back, just a few blooms on it right now. But they were just patented this past Summer.

No sir. As is, but mine did ok. In full bloom but still no hummers this weekend.

Comment

Got several hummers that have shown up... Don't think they are the residents that we'd had for the past few years... These birds act different than the previous years... They actually seem to "get along" with each other better... Last few years, only 1 or 2 birds would dominate a feeder and keep everyone else at bay... This year, not so much... Had 3 and 4 birds at a feeder without signs of aggression... So far, so good...

The Martins are in full on breeding mode right now... pairs falling off the houses making it all the way to the ground this past weekend... At first I was thinking it was Starlings that had shown up so I got on them with my pellet gun, but my scope revealed a male/female Martin just being Martins... Only had one starling show up that I saw all weekend and 2 sparrows... It didn't end well for those three... Was kind of funny watching the male bluebird dive bombing the dead starling lying in the back yard... He was like, "Take that!! I kicked yore "tail"...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Got several hummers that have shown up... Don't think they are the residents that we'd had for the past few years... These birds act different than the previous years... They actually seem to "get along" with each other better... Last few years, only 1 or 2 birds would dominate a feeder and keep everyone else at bay... This year, not so much... Had 3 and 4 birds at a feeder without signs of aggression... So far, so good...

The Martins are in full on breeding mode right now... pairs falling off the houses making it all the way to the ground this past weekend... At first I was thinking it was Starlings that had shown up so I got on them with my pellet gun, but my scope revealed a male/female Martin just being Martins... Only had one starling show up that I saw all weekend and 2 sparrows... It didn't end well for those three... Was kind of funny watching the male bluebird dive bombing the dead starling lying in the back yard... He was like, "Take that!! I kicked yore "tail"...
            I’ve witnessed this....you definitely aren’t kind to the starlings and sparrows Charlie! 😂

Still yet to see the first hb and we’ve kept fresh nectar in the feeders too. 🤨 It could be all the noise from the house build that has them shy so far. It seems the louder the better for the martins.

Comment

Huge flocks in our neighborhood in Calallen. Some Hummers.

Comment

Feeding lots of hummers in Menard...
                Adios,
                gary

Comment

Had a strange looking hummer show up yesterday... Probably had to have been a Ruby, but in the light, looked like its whole head was black... throat too... Sun was still out and shining on the feeder. It also seem to be smaller than the Ruby's... I looked up HB's common to Texas and didn't see anything like it...
                  Anyone got any ideas, or you think it was just a Ruby with a little variant in coloration??

I watched for it for a while. I moved to a chair nearby to try to get a pic or video, but it did not come back while I was there...

Comment

Several hummers in Ellis County

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                      Neither here that I've seen yet, but a stupid female cardinal has spent the last week flying at my windows
                      LOl, Eastern Bluebird in my backyard doing this. From bedroom window to glass door.

Fished the bulkheads on Conroe Saturday, the martins were think. I love the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Had a strange looking hummer show up yesterday... Probably had to have been a Ruby, but in the light, looked like its whole head was black...
                        Anyone got any ideas, or you think it was just a Ruby with a little variant in coloration??
                        I watched for it for a while. I moved to a chair nearby to try to get a pic or video, but it did not come back while I was there...

Had my first hummer show up today at the house (Dallas) and it was a black chinned with an all black head just like you described.

Comment

Couple hummers and about a dozen martins hanging around my house in Orange County

Comment

Saw the first hummingbird on the back porch yesterday!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My wife said we are now covered up with hummingbirds in Richmond. We have three feeders out and it's full on war out there fighting over them.

Comment

Hummingbirds today, texoma area

Comment

Working...
                                X