No announcement yet.

Firewood sales question/options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously? Milk would probably be cheaper if you bought a 55 gallon barrel of it. But not everyone can handle that amount or needs all of it. Firewood can be sold in all different quantities. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      A full cord is 4x4x8, that is a face cord or Rick cord
      You are correct, I missed a 4 lol

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Comment

When I have sold some fire wood and someone wanted me to deliver I would only sell by the 1/4 , 1/2 or full cord , it’s still based on the cord system, but same delivery fee making a smaller amount much more expensive. I offered free mixed batch wood to any tbh member in my area if they needed some during the grid failure and wanted to swing by and load it up, got zero takers

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
          Dang yall got some good deals on a half cord, I paid 170 last week. Filled up an 8ft bed with a toolbox in it. So roughly 6ft bed a little over the top.

Edit: or I just got a bad deal
          My 1/2 FILLED UP A 1/2 ton Chevy swb front to back all the way to the bed rails.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
            Dang yall got some good deals on a half cord, I paid 170 last week. Filled up an 8ft bed with a toolbox in it. So roughly 6ft bed a little over the top.

Edit: or I just got a bad deal
            You got a fair deal IMO
            Craig’s list ad
            “” FIREWOOD--Seasoned, split or round, delivered & stacked

Half cord oak = $180””
            A 1/2 cord is 1/2 ton truck bed load usually, 3/4 cord is 8ft bed load about $225+
            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 02-18-2021, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutpileaddict View Post
              I understand that about the transportation and I'm down with the free market also. My problem is that all of a sudden no one wants to sell it by the cord or fraction of a cord.
              You could spend a hundred bucks and only get a couple of days worth of fuel.
              I bought a half cord for a $100 right before the snow hit.

Where are you located?

Comment

Firewood is kind of a funny commodity. You know what I mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                  Where are you located?
                  North of Jasper a little ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                    Firewood is kind of a funny commodity. You know what I mean?
                    I take 4 pieces of rebar and mark 4x4x8 so people know exactly how much they just bought and when I buy I do the same to see if I am getting a honest cord, if buyers only want 1/4 or 1/2 i mark off accordingly
                    Unless buyers have a cord rack.
                    $350 for a cut split stacked oak is fair deal IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      A full cord is 4x4x8, that is a face cord or Rick cord
                      https://www.toolazine.com/how-much-i...ieces-vs-cord/

Comment

Firewood in northern NM is the primary source of heat for a big portion of the population- particularly rural folks. Cords of mixed wood are often $150 delivered.

One unique smaller quantity ‘bundle’ is called a row. A row is the amount of split logs stacked across and to the top of the truck bed (at the tailgate). All wood cutters in NM use an old Toyota Tacoma. It’s $25 bucks.

I’ve often thought there could be decent money selling pinion wood here in central Texas. I couldn’t get the logistics to work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                          I take 4 pieces of rebar and mark 4x4x8 so people know exactly how much they just bought and when I buy I do the same to see if I am getting a honest cord, if buyers only want 1/4 or 1/2 i mark off accordingly
                          Unless buyers have a cord rack.
                          $350 for a cut split stacked oak is fair deal IMO
                          Yep. I’ve seen fair deals here for $1,a stick of high grade oak

Comment

Originally posted by basschump View Post
                            Firewood in northern NM is the primary source of heat for a big portion of the population- particularly rural folks. Cords of mixed wood are often $150 delivered.

One unique smaller quantity ‘bundle’ is called a row. A row is the amount of split logs stacked across and to the top of the truck bed (at the tailgate). All wood cutters in NM use an old Toyota Tacoma. It’s $25 bucks.

I’ve often thought there could be decent money selling pinion wood here in central Texas. I couldn’t get the logistics to work out.

A “ Row” of oak in Austin is $100 plus

Comment

Because Karen can’t fit a cord of wood in her Toyota Camry on the way home from work. Same reason you can buy a single bottle of water instead of a whole case. Sometimes it’s not needed. Or a whole pallet of cases of water. It is what it is and people buy it up.

Comment

Originally posted by basschump View Post

You can burn pine in your fireplace without any harm.

Comment

Working...
                                X