Bow hogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow hogs

Newbie here from Maryland, 2 grown kids and friends are on a bow only lease in Jack County. I've been down 3 times over last 5 years to hog hunt as a guest. We were down just after Christmas and brought some northern freeze with us. New year's eve I was in shorts and tshirt at lunchtime went hunting came back 6 pm to 20 degrees and all pipes frozen in camper and pumphouse. Long story short bucks did the matrix thing for them, kids said they were on EDGE the whole time but these 2 boars paid the price for their frustration. I on other hand am a guest and only allowed hogs so was eat up with deer and a couple nice bucks GO FIGURE! Had sights on a nice eating size boar but my arrow didn't fly true and that's all I'm gonna say bout that! I'm 59 retired cop but broke up from not taking care of myself when younger. Last 6 years had double knee replacement and right acting up and may need redo I KNEW SHUDDA GOT THAT EXTENDED WARRANTY. Both shoulders replaced and tripped on some briars walking out of woods in dark after bowhunting this past Nov. Left is a reversal with audible sounds like marbles in there and it dislocates regularly like almost daily. Xray and CT scan dont identify problem Doc says surgery sooner than later but local hospital on non essential surgery pause for covid so waiting and (bowhunting with DrawLoc). Doc also says it's a guess on what he'll do once in there. I had just started using a light compound this year after a several year absence. Aug 2020 felt short of breath baiting up some deer cams also felt tightness in chest no pain tho. Couple weeks and several tests later had a quadruple heart bypass but no heart attack or heart damage. Bad shot on a pig is no big deal as long as kids had fun, not my first rodeo with bad shots on things with hair or antlers even before my arm and chest excuses. Oh yea almost forgot had mild covid week before Thanksgiving only one in my house vaxxed and only one to get it then. Now when I was away in Texas grand daughter stayed over with wife some, she then tested positive for covid wife positive the day I got home. Both mild cases but wife getting mixed drinks of tea, honey and some IV just in case she has worms. Also on vit C & D plus zinc. Pics are mostly from my daughter the recurve shooter, she had an article in Bowhunter magazine Oct 2019 and has another to be in there this summer or fall. Well enuff about me GLAD TO BE HERE and ON HERE hope to learn some things also share some Victor
    Last edited by MdStrutnRut; 02-04-2022, 04:17 PM.

You will fit right in welcome to the campfire!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome to the fire!

Comment

Welcome sir !

Comment

Welcome to the fire Sir!

Comment

Please come back and shoot more!

Comment

Welcome! Those are some beautiful pictures.

Comment

Nice haul for yall. Not much more fun that shooting pigs with a bow.

Comment

Good shooting y’all! Well, maybe not so well.

Great Pictures!

Comment

Beautiful pics. Congrats on the pigs.

Comment

Great intro

Comment

Great pictures! You will find an amazing community here if you want it! Welcome to the fire!

Comment

Great pictures sir, Welcome!

Comment

Welcome and nice work!

Comment

Heck yeah! Good times! And Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                              X