Tractor Shed input needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tractor Shed input needed

I'm looking to build a shed to keep my two tractors and implements under cover. Attached is a picture of what I want to build. I took that picture to Triple S Steel in Houston along with dimensions and the sales guy came up with this materials list. I'm looking on anything I might add or delete from this list. Dimensions are 30x22x10.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I ran the numbers 9 ways from Sunday and simply couldn't figure out a way to build mine for less. I could have built it myself, but, simply too risky at my age....ladders, etc.

2 - 20' x 21' tied together to form a 20' x 42' singular structure.....$4600 turn key. It's survived, unscathed, 75mph+ winds to date. I may end up closing it in. I'm very, very pleased....

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slicefixer View Post
      I ran the numbers 9 ways from Sunday and simply couldn't figure out a way to build mine for less. I could have built it myself, but, simply too risky at my age....ladders, etc.

2 - 20' x 21' tied together to form a 20' x 42' singular structure.....$4600 turn key. It's survived, unscathed, 75mph+ winds to date. I may end up closing it in. I'm very, very pleased....

I looked at those car ports but never considered putting two together. That was a great idea.

Comment

The greatest thing is this Andre.....they arrived at 7am....i paid em at 10:30....😉

I ALWAYS do my due diligence before spending my money.....sometimes for a year or two. I kept pricing 10' to 12' sides, 20'+ x 40'+, sheds/garages/etc, both stick frame, welded drill stem, etc and I simply couldn't figure out a way to contract most of it out myself for less then 8 to $10k.

I already had added one of these side of the Hwy deals to my existing steel frame building and it's worked out great. So my skepticism about em was long gone.....they work.

So I set out to price the best bang for the buck and discovered a flaw in their program. You buy the same sized structure as mine as a single structure and it's over $5k. You simply order 2 and have em bolt em together and you save 5%.

The funny thing is it's basically the exact same structure as the 20 x 42 you'll order as a singular unit, only mine is TWICE as structurally sound in the center.....hehehe.....go figure.

Last edited by Slicefixer; 12-29-2021, 05:46 PM.

Comment

One other thing, mine has 12 mobile home anchors (set 8' apart and starting at the corners) to tie it securely into the clay base. It's going nowhere unless it's a direct hit from a tornado.
          Last edited by Slicefixer; 12-29-2021, 05:53 PM.

Comment

That's awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Slicefixer View Post
              One other thing, mine has 12 mobile home anchors (set 8' apart and starting at the corners) to tie it securely into the clay base. It's going nowhere unless it's a direct hit from a tornado.
              Slice, Could you post up pics of the anchor and cable attachment to your awning? Did you buy the anchors from the awning company and did they install.

I have an 18x21 anchored to a slab that layed over on the boat after IDA stalled over us for 3 hours with 100 mph winds. It was taking the winds great andf I think would have made it if storm would have kept moving.

Had some cando mofos come over and we stood it back up with more concrete anchor bolts. Thinking about adding mobile home anchors to current awning and buying one for farm with MH anchors. I like them.

Comment

I'll be happy to do it for you!

It'll probably be a day or two as I'm TECHNICALLY off until after the 1st. I'll probably head out there tomorrow or Friday and help a couple of the college kids, young pros, etc and I'll try and remember to take a pic or two.

I had them figure additional ones into the package price. They're relatively cheap and well worth it. It's there to stay unless it gets dead on directly hammered.

Comment

I was able to zoom in on a pic then edit it. Sorry it's so blurry, but, at least you can see how they did it

Comment

Thanks Slice, looks like the anchors were installed when awning was erected and bolted to the awning.

Comment

Rake trim is not on your quote. The building in your picture has that.
                      If this is going to be in a humid or coastal area, I would spring for galvanized purlins & poles.

I see you are doing 1 bag of concrete per pole. Where the pole will be in the concrete, weld some small lugs to the post. This will give the concrete something to hold onto.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                        Rake trim is not on your quote. The building in your picture has that.
                        If this is going to be in a humid or coastal area, I would spring for galvanized purlins & poles.

I see you are doing 1 bag of concrete per pole. Where the pole will be in the concrete, weld some small lugs to the post. This will give the concrete something to hold onto.
                        Thank You. It will be in East Texas so I guess that qualifies as humid.

Since I would be using screws instead of welding. Do the holes need to be pre drilled?

Comment

For sheds and stuff like this do you guys use the tape seal? I never have and never had a leak.

Comment

Originally posted by BigYoung View Post
                            Thanks Slice, looks like the anchors were installed when awning was erected and bolted to the awning.
                            Yes....100%

Both the "hay barn" (what it looks like to folks...hehe) and the storage awning are secured in the same manner. I added several more anchors, overkill. So far I've had zero issues. The add on "storage awning" has survived 90mph wind/SEVERE thunderstorms unscathed.

I'm VERY pleased as both are perfect for my missions....

Gj

Comment

More concrete. Thats the cheap part lol.

Other thing go in and weld some bolts on your posts above head high but where you can reach. Great place to hang drawbars, chains, top links etc. im like the other guys for no bigger than this is i would be looking at the prefab carports. They are pretty sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X