No announcement yet.

Newton, Jasper, Hardin, Orange, Jefferson counties season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most likely I'll go try to shoot a doe tomorrow morning and maybe a pig in the afternoon to calm the trigger finger

Comment

I'm up this afternoon ... hunting close to a slough and some hand corn. Maybe it will happen but it sure is uncomfortable up here in this heat. Truck said 84 but it feels hotter

Comment

Cold front on the way boys! A young man on our lease shot a nice doe on opening day, that's it so far.

A few deer sightings, not much else. I still haven't hunted yet. Gonna hunt this cold front.

Comment

I'll be out in the morning. A few bucks finally cruising in daylight on camera but nothing big yet. Next weekend and the following week might be good.

Comment

Went this weekend and all I did was get carried away by mosquitoes!

Comment

We killed a 151” 10 point last week with a crossbow. He weighed in at 220# live weight. Other than that it’s been real slow, cams on feed pens slowing way down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRough1256 View Post
                Went this weekend and all I did was get carried away by mosquitoes!
                Yes, a couple of members were saying the same thing. Im gonna go tomorrow and put out some feed and some corn at my ground blind. Might pull a camera card and I will be done till the weekend.

Be glad when yall start posting some picks.

Comment

I ended up not going the one day I could've because of a shifty wind. This weekend looks great hopefully I can hunt Friday and Sunday. Good thing about one of my places is I'm the only one there during bow season so it's still unpressured for the most part.
                  Last edited by ElfEyes; 10-10-2021, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                    We killed a 151” 10 point last week with a crossbow. He weighed in at 220# live weight. Other than that it’s been real slow, cams on feed pens slowing way down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Acorns must be falling!

Dang son that's a big deer!

Comment

My cell cams have been blowing up ... except the one I'm hunting over this morning

Comment

Hahaha, sounds familiar.

Comment

Went Saturday and saw a few but nothing that I wanted to shoot. I did see a fresh scrape and had 2 spikes sparing on camera. It should be getting close.

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
                            Went Saturday and saw a few but nothing that I wanted to shoot. I did see a fresh scrape and had 2 spikes sparing on camera. It should be getting close.
                            If the scrapes are being worked, they would be good place to hunt. Thanx for the report.

Comment

I hope you fellas are getting some time in a tree this week/weekend if you're in Jefferson/Hardin county. I've seen full blown rutting activity on my way to and from work the last two days.

Comment

Ok, supposedly it is gonna be cold tomorrow. Expecting you fellers to post some pics

Comment

Working...
                                X