Chippewa knockoff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chippewa knockoff?

Stopped by academy looking for some new snake boots and thought I had found some chips. Well, they are Magellan Landman II. Tried them on and man they are comfy. I'm not going to wear them daily, so didnt want to drop the $300 for chips.

These are $120 and man they are nice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I promise you, they ain’t Chips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
      I promise you, they ain’t Chips.

Oh no doubt..

But for someone looking to not drop 3 bills, but still wants some waterproof snake boots that are relatively comfortable.. these should fit the bill

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, May Not be Chips, but I’m Very satisfied with mine. Got them last year on “SAIL”. Comfortable, Water Proof
        What else do you need.

Comment

Hopefully you won’t realize why the are so much cheaper when a big rattler takes a bite.

Comment

First pair of Snake Boots I’ve ever owned. Never felt the need for them.
            But I’m only 74 and born and raised in west Texas. Hope I don’t either. [emoji3]
            I bought these for the brush and thorns.

Comment

The wife has been interested in getting a pair of snake boots. I didn’t know Academy sold them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Look like they will do the job.

Comment

Zippers failed on my sons

Comment

I have been wearing those for 5-6 years now - same pair. They've been good boots.

I bought my wife some almost new Chips here in the classifieds a while back. They're so uncomfortable she can't wear them (probably why they were for sale). I need to get her some of these from Academy, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Hopefully you won’t realize why the are so much cheaper when a big rattler takes a bite.
                      Mine are comfortable but....

I had a large locust thorn "bite me" on the side of my foot yesterday. Didn't see where it went through exactly because it kinda did like a snake. Wipped in out. Took me a second but then I was like, hey! Only place that really corresponds to the sting in my foot is kinda by a seem between the leather lower and fabric upper. Just a psa, otherwise, I do really like them...

Comment

Mine were waterproof for 5 minutes. Then the zipper broke two days later. Returned for store credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                          I have been wearing those for 5-6 years now - same pair. They've been good boots.

I bought my wife some almost new Chips here in the classifieds a while back. They're so uncomfortable she can't wear them (probably why they were for sale). I need to get her some of these from Academy, I guess.
                          I had the same experience with new Chippewas. Didn’t fit me good at all.

Comment

I bought a pair and having a hard time breaking them in. The leather at the arch won't bend and hurts like hell. Hopefully I can get them broke in before next season.

Comment

I had a few pairs of them over the years. Zipper stopped working or broke on all of them within a few months. Waterproofing went away around the same time the zippers broke. I ended up getting some Danner Sharptails, no zipper and much more comfortable than Chips.

Comment

Working...
                              X