Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great read

Comment

So we should all have a high fence and small acreage if we want to see changes. Wonder if there are any threads about that to get opinions on.

Why dont these researchers ever do anything in the hill country or west or east Texas. They always go to south Texas and talk about culling 130-140 class deer that would be considered trophies in other areas.

Comment

good info

Comment

I have to wonder when someone will invent (if they haven't already) anabolic steroids to put in the protein feeders. Maybe then we can grow 200"+ deer in west Texas.... who cares if they have testicular cancer? Those are coming off as soon as we shoot 'em anyway, right?

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
            I have to wonder when someone will invent (if they haven't already) anabolic steroids to put in the protein feeders. Maybe then we can grow 200"+ deer in west Texas.... who cares if they have testicular cancer? Those are coming off as soon as we shoot 'em anyway, right?
            Testeosterone makes antler growth stop.

Comment

informative, suppose it depends on alot of factors as to whether it works in your area

Comment

Quite a bit in that article that I agree with.

Mainly that "culling" to truly effect genetics is a high fence operation.

A strict harvest criteria is generally going to require trophy bucks to be shot as 5.5 or 6.5 year old bucks and is naturally gonna result in bigger bucks.

You have let deer mature and get bigger bucks at maturity. You have done nothing to actually effect genetics.

Comment

Good read.

Comment

Working...
                  X