In search of a double digit bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
    I think it has two sharelunkers in the books already.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    Did not know that, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
      Did not know that, thanks.
      I fished it on and off for years. Biggest I ever caught was around 6-7 lbs but caught a lot of 4-5 lb fish. I haven't fished it in about 10 years tho so not sure how much pressure it gets now with all the new growth around there.

Comment

I guided on Fork for 37 years. Stopped counting 10lb bass at 85. Probably caught over 100. Have 2-13 plus fish, and 2-14 plus fish. 3 Sharelunkers. I personally never booked a trip with a customer with the expectations of catching a 10 lb fish.

Comment

Call Matt Reed and book a couple of days on Falcon, guy is constantly on good fish.

Comment

Here’s what the big ones look like coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
              Here’s what the big ones look like coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I've seen that one in my neighbors koi pond.

Comment

OH Ivie, Lake Fork, Falcon, Choke Canyon, and Sam Rayburn would be the lakes I would focus on in Texas for a double digit bass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                  Well how was it ?
                  Lots of bass. We fished 2 to a boat and caught 150-200 bass per boat per day. Nothing over 5 lbs. The large fish chalkboard in the dining area showed nothing over 8 pounds in the last several months. I heard they catch some larger fish in the summer months but it the temps are really hot then.

I really enjoyed the trip but wouldn't go to Lake Picachos to try to catch a 10 lb. bass.

Comment

I don't blame ya.

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                    I guided on Fork for 37 years. Stopped counting 10lb bass at 85. Probably caught over 100. Have 2-13 plus fish, and 2-14 plus fish. 3 Sharelunkers. I personally never booked a trip with a customer with the expectations of catching a 10 lb fish.
                    Booked my first guide trip ever with Lee White..February,15 yrs ago..I wanted to crappie fish..He cussed me up one side,and down the other..We crappie fished,and probably broke the lake record 3 times that day.

Comment

Public: Falcon with Broken Braid.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post

You mean to tell me you don't catch ten pounders every trip?? WTH!!

Only time I'm jealous of bass guides is when they're loading up their day is over! I got a cooler of crappie looking at me when I load up! Beats not having a cooler of crappie though!

Comment

It is a shame that Gibbons is no longer open. Back in college I caught one lunker bass (14.56 pounds ) and one that was 10 1/2 from there. I have also caught one just over 10 at Fork. The funniest thing is I have probably only really gone fishing at a lake maybe 100 times in my life so my average is pretty solid.....

-john

Comment

They caught a 10-11 and and several others close to 10 on Caney lake LA today on the MLF tournament thats being live streamed today.

Comment

Falcon

Comment

The MLF guy that caugh the 10 yesterday just caught a 12-14. They are on a different lake today, Bussey Brake.

Comment

Working...
                                X