• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend paid 13k for the 9mm as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huntandfishguy6 View Post
      It amazes me the prices that post 64 Winchester's bring on Gunbroker. You are 100% correct in your statement that post 64's were considered redheaded step children for years. Mine is a late 1970's model model 70 that i purchased new, for a 159.99 $. It is my most trusted go to rifle.
      X2, also got one about the same age as that in .243 Winchester. Over the years the Young County Texas Whitetail population started calling it “double forked lightning”, it is just as deadly. My go to rifle as well.

Comment

I've had two M70's, one of which I still have. I still own a Model 70 FWT in 257 Roberts that I bought used in Waco back in the early 90's. It's a push feed, but it puts 90 grain X-bullets nearly in the same hole and has accounted for no telling how many truckloads of critters.

I purchased a Model 70 stainless when they came back out with the controlled round feed in the early 90's. I used it one season in the NWT for Dall sheep and one season for west Texas mulies. That rifle loved 162 gr. Hornady handloads. Like a d u m b a s s, I sold the rifle. I wish I had it back.

Comment

I have my dads 270 made in ‘48... I also have a 308 featherweight from the ‘50’s... The model 70 of mine.. that gets the most use is a stainless CRF model from the early 90’s.. in 300 win mag... Its my all weather gun and doesn’t seem to ever miss... I’ve really never had any interest in the post 64 push feed guns...

Comment

I have a post-64 Model 70 in 375 H&H (1965). It is a wonderful rifle and very accurate with the load I have worked up for it.
            Not sure what it is worth but I sure like it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve enjoyed seeing you guys share all your affinity for the M70’s. They don’t get a lot of talk these days but if you have good one you have a heck of a rifle.

[emoji1662]

Comment

Working...
              X