Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pellet smoker sausage smoking tips

Made my sausage
    Will be my first time smoking it on My pit boss pellet smoker…. I assume you just put it on smoke and let it go
    Any tips would be appreciated, dont want to mess it up, yes i did put the curing salt in the sausage
    Thanks guys

You just smoking it or actually cooking it? If just smoking it you want it cold or maybe cool smoke. I don't own a pellet grill so I don't know how low you can get the temp.

Comment

I guess both, I usually have my sausage made i assume they warm smoke it to like 165 , smoke setting on pellet grill says 180-225 range

Comment

Bearded Butchers has a good video on making this using a pellet grill.

Comment

Good deal ill find that thanks

Comment

I’ve got the pit boss 5 series vertical that I used to do my sausage on. I’d set it at 250* and let it warm up and get settled for about 30 minutes.

Turn it down to 175-200(can’t remember what low setting it has) and cook until it hits 165*.

If you want a heavier smoke flavor, look into getting a smoke tube(or a couple). You can use these to cold smoke cheese and things of the sort as well.

Comment

My pit boss sits around 140 on the smoke setting. I put jerky in it the other day. I

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

If it’s staying too hot on smoke setting and you want it cooler, make a foil pan and fill it full of ice. It’ll cool the inside of the pit down for a while

Comment

Nice - I just got some from a friend so I wanted to smoke a couple links. Can’t wait

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    My pit boss sits around 140 on the smoke setting. I put jerky in it the other day. I

What pit boss do you have? Lowest I have seen on newer ones is 180 deg. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                      What pit boss do you have? Lowest I have seen on newer ones is 180 deg. Thanks
                      It's a vertical copperhead with 5 or 6 racks. First setting is smoke and stays around 140-145. Then go's 150-400

I put the jerky on around 4, loaded the hopper and went to my parents for dinner. Came home almost 6 hours later and had jerky

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        It's a vertical copperhead with 5 or 6 racks. First setting is smoke and stays around 140-145. Then go's 150-400

I put the jerky on around 4, loaded the hopper and went to my parents for dinner. Came home almost 6 hours later and had jerky
                        Good deal. Thank you Sir.

Comment

My pellet smoker lower setting is 175 or so. Best tip for this high temp is to rotate and move the links around to minimize the effect of high temp. I rotated and move them every 30min or so

Comment

Working...
                          X