Predator calling in the wind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Predator calling in the wind?

I drove to the lease this weekend to try and thin out some coyotes. I woke up this morning to a 22 mph north wind. Has anyone had any luck calling when the wind is blasting? I don’t know if this front will have them hunkered down or up on their feet. I have the speaker facing with the wind so the sound will carry. Any advice or input?

yes hunker down with a cup of coffee! cause thats what there doing! lol

Comment

Learn how to watch the forecast?
      But you never know till you try….good luck!

Comment

I've seen two this morning. Their looking for breakfast. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
          Learn how to watch the forecast?
          But you never know till you try….good luck!
          3 day weekend

Comment

I hate the wind. They will be hunkered down. Call the thick stuff and make your stands closer together. Your sound won't be traveling as far. Call the lowest ground you can find.

22mph ain't too bad. That's our normal breeze. If a guy waited until it wasn't windy to go callin up here he'd never go.
            Last edited by okrattler; 01-15-2022, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              I hate the wind. They will be hunkered down. Call the thick stuff and make your stands closer together. Your sound won't be traveling as far. Call the lowest ground you can find.

22mph ain't too bad. That's our normal breeze. If a guy waited until it wasn't windy to go callin up here he'd never go.
              Thanks

Comment

Actually saw two on my first set, but they flashed across and never committed to the call.
                Last edited by bullets13; 01-15-2022, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Another thing you can do is set that call up off the ground. The sound will travel further. I have a strap attached to the handle of my FoxPro so I can hang it on limbs,fences,etc when it's a little windier than I'd like. Sitting flat on the ground that sound has a little more trouble getting out there. I always set mine up on a yucca plant or in sage brush or whatever may be out there.
                  Last edited by okrattler; 01-15-2022, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Up here in Wyoming, if you waited for no wind you would never get out calling.
                    Be sure to be down wind of where you are calling to. It sounds from your post like you are upwind and they will pick up your scent quickly.
                    22 mph winds are nothing, just a strong breeze up here.
                    They will be moving so get out there and keep the wind in your favor.
                    Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve done it and it’s pretty tough, we hunted 3 days of it and i think their comfort zone gets really small when the wind blows.. we called some in but like I said, it was tough and a lot of sits.. a big external speaker I think helps..

Comment

Killed 7 coyotes last wknd around Swater, daytime, in 25mph wind. Play the wind just as they will and use it to your advantage. We positioned DW about 50-60yds most of the time but never directly DW. We were pretty successful.

Comment

I have found that the wind doesn’t really impact their movement. I’m sure it changes with where you hunt though.

Comment

Working...
                          X