Homemade knife Handles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bjankowski View Post
    A vacuum won't work, it actually bubbles up the resign and at $200.00 a gallon it's a hard lesson to learn. I understand about the leather business, I've made a few pancake sheaths for a few long-time customers. Even with a sewing machine it's just not cost effective, plus leather has gone out of sight in price. I make over 300 knives a year, I have to make my own scales to try to keep the price affordable.
    I hear that. Seems like prices on everything had gone up. I still get decent pricing on very high end leathers but I also charge what that and my time is worth so it’s not a money loser. Now most guys don’t need my sheaths for an inexpensive knife either so it’s a fine balance as you know. My knives are usually in the $350 range and sheaths $90 so I believe that to be a good value balance pkg.

Makes great sense on the vacuum bubbles, glad I didn’t wast any doing that but I did let a gallon set unused for way to long and it’s ruined now I’m sure. I’ll have to play with it sometime and see. Storage temps are probably an issue as well for me. Keep up the nice work friend.

Comment

Bob, your art work ceases to amaze me! Keep up the great work, Sir!

Comment

I am never disappointed opening any post you make.

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
          Bob what designs are 4 and 5 those look new?
          Coy, # 4 is my 104 and #5 is a new skinner design I came up with two months ago.

Thanks bro.

Comment

Oh ok I thought so on the 104, gonna wait til after deer season to get me that new design that’s really nice sir

Comment

Thanks all for the nice words, I sincerely appreciate all of you.

Comment

Working...
              X