Talen’s 3rd Bow Kill !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talen’s 3rd Bow Kill !!!

If you followed my live hunt this year, you already know we have been blessed with a great deer season.

To top it off, Talen killed his 3rd buck with a bow yesterday evening.

We have been hunting this old sucker all year and T finally got him yesterday at 5:03 PM. We named him “Almost 8” back in August when he started showing up at a North wind set. Big neck. Big pot belly. We knew he was post mature and he immediately made the hit list.

Talen had an encounter with him opening morning in bow range, but was never given a shot opportunity.
    Then the Cat & Mouse game started. This deer would only show up in daylight on South wind days. And anytime there was traffic on the road by the stand he would disappear for a few days. So hunting him on the weekends became pointless with members in & out of the lease.

With the cold front this weekend, moon phase and deer activity on camera in the evenings, I told Talen he should go hunt him with a NE wind Monday evening. He was hesitant with the wind being out of the North. I checked with a few members that could potentially drive by that stand and verified that he would be the only hunter in that area. He parked over a 1/4 mile from the stand and slipped in @ 3:45. At 5:03 a doe brought his target buck to 20 yards and the rest is history.

Shot was back, so he backed out and went in this evening with my brother Kade and a buddy’s dog. Found him 100 yards from the shot. Apparently coyotes/hogs did too.

Super proud of this kid. He has had a phenomenal year!!!

Right before the shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck yea man. Congrats Talen!!! Kid is a killer for sure. Sucks y’all didn’t the meat

Comment

Congratulations to Talen on that nice buck, bummer about the recovery.

Comment

Way to go. Ole wade is looking like his dad lol

Comment

Congrats to Talen

Comment

Congrats, sorry the meat was lost.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats,everybody's gotta eat.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats! Glad y'all found him at least.

Comment

Dang coyotes didn't even leave anything for the buzzards. Congrats on the buck!

Comment

Nice work, Talen!! When you're hot you're hot! Some years it just seems so easy and that sure makes up for the ones that aren't. You make your own luck though. Sticking with it to make it happen again so late in the year makes this one even more special.

Soak it up my friends, so happy for you both!

Comment

wow, those yotes didn't leave much behind!

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                              Heck yea man. Congrats Talen!!! Kid is a killer for sure. Sucks y’all didn’t the meat
                              Thanks! He is definitely mad at them this year.
                              Yes sir! Coyotes have gotten us twice this year.

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                              Way to go. Ole wade is looking like his dad lol
                              He definitely is. All he needs is a big cigar hanging out of his mouth. Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X