Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife: “I’m sure glad you don’t kill anything like the other guys”

Comment

Mine grabs her gun or bow and says when we leaving!

Comment

Originally posted by savage1134 View Post
        Wife- you can kill a deer at over a hundred yards- but you can’t hit the toilet at 2 feet!
        Hilarious...

Comment

Not hunting related, but she got me good today after seeing a Don Huffines ad during the Cowboy game today... "I don't need the governor-elect, (referring to huffines) to lower my property taxes
          Every time you go outside with no shirt it lowers our market value."

Comment

Back when I was hunting east Texas, there was one particular time I had an absolutely unbelievable sit (for that property). I saw 20 + deer all in bow range. Half were bucks and 2 mature 8’s were trying to kill each other about 15 yds from my double bull blind. Then other bucks would run in and start fighting, trading off with the other bucks…..all while other deer were running all around to watch the show. I did not release an arrow that morning because I was after a giant that we had on camera.

After the hunt, I drove into town to grab lunch. I was so fired up from what all I had just witnessed, I called my wife on my drive into town. I told her all about the encounters and the bucks fighting so close to my blind and the grunts and snort wheezes…..and she says “so you didn’t shoot anything”.

I said “no”.

She then says “ well that sucks”

Comment

She says..it would be a lot cheaper to go to "The" zoo rather than "YALLS zoo. All yall do is feed em and take pictures of them.

I'll be on the phone with one of the guys on the lease... she fires off, are you talking to one of your lease girl friends.

Comment

My wife says,"nice one. Look at those backstraps!"

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  Non hunting spouse?

People have those and keep them?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                  Not only do we have and keep them, we sought them out

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                    Not only do we have and keep them, we sought them out

That's prolly why you had a shock collar on her neck

Comment

" ...... "

Thats the sound of nothing and the joys of being single. Lol.

Comment

Maybe at the beginning of our marriage but now, she's very well versed. I created a monster and can't slip anything past her or she will call me on my bs. This Christmas she bought me a Seekins Precision 300PRC... she knows her stuff!

Comment

NOTHING EVER breaks and needs fixing-->Until I get settled in at the lease... Tell me I'm not the only one?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            That's prolly why you had a shock collar on her neck

If you dont get em properly trained you'll have a long row to hoe. I am of the opinion dat u get it done and get it done right

Comment

I pretty much leave and hunt when I want with rare exceptions and zero snarky feedback.

She says some funny stuff concerning sports...but surprises us with what she knows about hunting often. I guess when you are around the talk long enough it sticks!

I get chastised for not killing enough doves, because she loves to eat them.

She shops and buys whatever she wants for clothing and furnishings, and everything looks nice as a result.

We never discussed any of this - it's just how it shook down, and I'm thankful!

Comment

But you already shot a buck...
                                When are you coming home?
                                Are you going again this weekend?
                                Good job on your buck, are you coming home now?
                                Why did you pass that one?

Comment

Working...
                                X