Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
    Yes Sir,
    We haven’t been there in awhile. Probably since they sold Cliffs view.
    Best striper lake in texas right now.

Comment

I was on the Brazos yesterday afternoon to dark, somewhere between the Whitney Dam and the Grandbury dam.

Last week I wore the crappie out. And only a few sandies. Also got 6 nice blue-cat. Got a nice little keeper striper too. Only got 1 fish on a jig. Rest were live bait. Yesterday crappie were hard to come by. But wore the Sandies out. They done spawned out and moving down stream now.

Comment

I was waiting for the sun to come up at the same spot again this morning. Awesome Easter sunrise alone on the lake with praise and worship music. Fish did not cooperate again but they are still there. Don’t know what the key is to the bite turning on. There was another boat soaking live bait and not catching. Fish finder was insane again just like the day we were hammering them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup. Fish are fickle creatures.

Comment

Reviving this old thread so I can vent a bit. Striper bite on Granbury has been non-existent for about 2 months now. All the guides are hammering Whitney again and PK to a lesser extent. I just don't get how those 2 lakes are producing and we are not. I find the fish and have found them at all different times of day but they never seem to be feeding. We will pick up one here and one there but when I find a school, they aren't moving around like feeding fish at all. Nothing like I saw last spring.

We have these massive bait balls that are all over the place. Is that the problem? Too much natural food?

I'm trolling umbrella rigs, Storms and also sitting over them with minnows and shad.

Comment

Its probably just the population density or lack there of. Granbury has had more recent golden algae kills than Whitney or PK, I remember when Whitney was the dead sea after the kills

Comment

I’ve lived on Granbury lake since 2001, over the years it seems like the striper population will increase then we have a big flooding event and they go down the river to Whitney. Of course I can’t prove this theory, that’s just been an observation.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                  Its probably just the population density or lack there of. Granbury has had more recent golden algae kills than Whitney or PK, I remember when Whitney was the dead sea after the kills
                  Been there seen that for sure, I do miss Lake Whitney.

Comment

Sooner or later, everything gets hungry, and gotta eat.

Comment

I know where they are. Crossed over them 6 times tonight with 2 umbrella rigs and 2 storms out. This was the lone taker.

Comment

Nice lil schoolie . They can get spooky sometimes. Drifting over a school makes for quieter fishing.

Comment

Merry Christmas Y’all. I’m on the fish and one of these days they are gonna really turn on. Seeing the Mrs catch one is so much fun for me. Nothing better than seeing that grin on my friends and loved ones when they land a keeper.
                          P.S. she would kill me for posting this pic[emoji23]

Comment

Glad ya finally got into them...Worked up at Canyon lake 2006-7 ..Saltwater all I knew.But found our Stripers Fight like a Redfish on Steroids...Back then Silver Kastmaster 1oz was the killer in fall, when a school surfaced cast out into middle...You aint gettin it back without a FIGHT.

Comment

I just can’t figure out why I find these schools and only catch one or two fish. Not complaining cause a fish like this easily feeds me and my wife. Got to sit in flip flops sweating in the hot December sun, enjoying a good cigar and then my rod bent in half! Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                                Best striper lake in texas right now.
                                Is it? Randy Routh has been saying big fish numbers are way way down there this year and thinks it’s been overfished. Fisheries biologists are doing studies as we speak but no down the lake has gotten more pressure than it ever has in the last 18 months.

Comment

Working...
                                X