No announcement yet.

Thankful for the current real estate trend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know a family that was very pleased to get 400k for a house they listed for 350k. Until, the new house contracted to build for 380k has gone up by 100k.......and they're renting an apt for 2k per month until the new house is complete. Crazy times!

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
      I agree if you are wanting to sell off rental investments, it is a good time to do it. I bought at the start of this craziness in market values
      I’m finding that long term rentals are not too bad given the current market as there is a surplus of renters because they are unable to compete in the current market trend on home values

I’d love to sell off a few rentals. The issue is the pounding I’d take on the CG tax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

we just sold our house in Round Rock that we purchased as a foreclosure- put about $150-175k into it (pool and full remodel), sold it for a $600k profit after 8 years. Rolled that cash into 5 acres and a 2 year old house with a pool in a smaller town with better schools, normal people, no traffic. We paid a little less then we sold our Round Rock house for and I know for certain, I wont be looking back. Our neighbors brought us a box full of fresh vegetables from their garden and a dozen eggs from their chickens this morning to welcome us. never. looking. back.

Comment

We are being forced to sell due to circumstances out of our control, but it looks like this is going to be a blessing in disguise. Bought our house for $215k one year ago and selling it for cash for $288k. If we had time to put it up on the market, it would probably sell for $300k-$320k.

Comment

My neighbor built his house 2133sqft.
            For 149k in 1998 on 1.25 acres it has an old pool and brand new 30x40 shop. They listed for 450k and sold it in a few hours for 500k.

Got me scratching my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We took 4 investment properties designed to be paid off within 10yrs to help fund college expenses at that time and sold them all after holding them for 4yrs and made enough to comfortably pay for college for our boys - such a blessing

Comment

Working...
              X