No announcement yet.

TRAPPING 2014/2015 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can loosely put a couple of wraps around a feeder leg, think knife sheath or take a rebar stake and pound in some pilot holes or use a couple of BIG rocks put the together then wedge your trap between them or just lay it on its side and see if they want what's inside enough to put a foot in.
    You never know with coons especially this time of year, they may stand on their head in a mud hole to get caught, or may have a belly full of grasshoppers and stopping by for a late night snack and not even notice you left a special goodie for them.

Comment

How are you guys doing in the NAFA sale so far? I did pretty good on my 7 Coyotes I sent but Coons are a different story sold one for 25$ out of the 25 I have there! My top dog went for 47$ and tapered down from there. So how did you do?

Comment

I kept everything I got this year trapping. It all is getting tanned. Though a buddy of mine trapped 54 coyotes and he averaged $75 with his highest at $155.

Comment

Nice average and the 155$ was a top lot I think!

Comment

Season is approaching. Here are 2 beaver and 2 coyotes I had tanned.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlwind View Post
              Season is approaching. Here are 2 beaver and 2 coyotes I had tanned.
              Nice. Are those self tanned or did you send them off to Moyles?

Comment

I sent them off.

Comment

The beaver looks like a good toilet seat cover!

Comment

also exited about this season, trapping more to keep feeders from being robbed by bandits but the number of fox ive got may bring good cash. I caught one last year using a basic dirt hole set with a 1 3/4 coil spring, pretty animal poor tan job by myself. West tx provides plenty of trapping practice. always open to tips and tricks on skinning, fleshing (fat coon was a real chore) and tanning. feel free to pm, thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X