Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Install water and electric on new property or wait to do when building?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install water and electric on new property or wait to do when building?

I know we got some guys on here with this kind of experience that give some info to this newbie. We don't plan on building for another year or 2. Would it be worth to have the water meter set and the electric pole with meter loop set or should we wait for a builder to do all that in one? We'd like to spend days going into nights on the property hanging out with family and on special occasions. Maybe even have some water in place for when we burn brush? Thoughts?

Both would be nice if you plan on hanging out and doing cleanup work around the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s how I’m doing mine. Electricity, shop, water well. House is next.

Comment

yes...………

Comment

All will depend on where your structures are going. Extending services can become costly. Figure out where your buildings will be and go forward according to that info. You don't want the well a 1000' from the house, right?(Unless that is where the water is).
          Wait...You said water meter. Town water?

Comment

If you have a pretty good idea on where you will want the structures, I would go ahead and put in the electricity and water. Water for cleaning up, maybe even put in a small portable building with an AC to camp out or even just cool down.

Comment

Better know where everything else is going.

Comment

My cents... it would make working and camping there before the house is built a lot more enjoyable.

Comment

I would do it now. I also added water spigots along the way to the house. I like the idea should there be a fire or filling water troughs in various locations is nice to not run water hoses everywhere.

Comment

2 years out, it would depend on what the connection fees are pure month. Once the water and electric are hooked up, you will pay just to have them available. Look into what the charges are monthly.

Comment

It depends

Comment

I would add the water meter and a few spigots now and hold off on the electricity until you start your build. At least that’s what I did on my place. I’m glad I held off on the electric because AEP ended up setting an extra pole and running the wire all the way to my house during the build for no charge since it was for the house. If I would’ve have done the electric before the build the power pole with a few outlets on it was gonna run me over $1200 alone and AEP was only gonna give me the first 90 ft free.

Comment

Add them now.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                            I would do it now. I also added water spigots along the way to the house. I like the idea should there be a fire or filling water troughs in various locations is nice to not run water hoses everywhere.
                            That's a good idea on spigots.

If you know where everything is going to be, I would hook up now. Makes things more comfortable.

Comment

It would boss me a lot more to install electric before building.

Comment

Working...
                              X