Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pictures of your Dad

Let's see 'em.
    Here are a few of my favorites. I sure do miss my Dad.

That last pic was from the last time we went fishing together.

You young guys go see your dad while you still can.

Here's my dad. This was one of our dove hunting trips to San Antonio. This was the trip we found out something was wrong with him cause he was getting winded just walking 50 feet. So I set him up in a chair and I got to be his bird dog for 3 day's of dove hunting. Turned out he was bleeding internally and have low blood volume. We sure had a good hunting trip despite that.

This is also a picture of him having a blast on my 4 wheeler at grandmas house. He was amazed at the power a 450 had when he took off in a wheelie across the field.

He will turn 74 this year and I cherish all the time I get to spend with him. We love going hunting and fishing together. He's a hell of a roll model for my brother and I and also his grand children adore him.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by zr2chevy22; 06-17-2015, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Great idea.

Few of my pops. He graduated with his first degree from LSU in '58 and never missed a game while he was there. Took him to the first A&M vs LSU game at Kyle Field and we had a blast (ps, we won)--it was his first LSU football game in 30+ years. My dad was 50 when he had me so unfortunately we won't have as long as some together but we make the best of our time. I know it's more than others. My wife lost her dad in 8th grade to a motorcycle wreck so I'm thankful for what I have.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by HoustonHunter; 06-17-2015, 09:15 PM.

Comment

My Dad/best friend/hunting partner/fishing buddy/role model
        Colorado '78
        Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434597304.795182.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	24386946

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434597351.038005.jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	24386947

Comment

Lost mine a couple months ago. It was time but I will always feel a void knowing he isn't around. He made me who I am today!

Comment

He was a happy camper when I finally graduated....
            Attached Files

Comment

Really cool thread. I could fill this whole thread up but these are a few of my favorites. The first is my pops and my FIL at their lease. Then that's my dad in a cave we found on our land. The last one is me and him doing a back flip together.
              Attached Files

Comment

Uno mas and I'll quit crowding the thread. We surprised him on his 75th birthday with a fish fry--most of our family and his friends attended. Never seen him so happy.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                  He was a happy camper when I finally graduated....
                  Heck yeah.. Mine was to. He said I was finally officially off the payroll. HAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                    That last pic was from the last time we went fishing together.

You young guys go see your dad while you still can.
                    Amen amigo, amen....

I have a bunch of pics of my Dad I need to scan and put on my computer. The pic below is my Mom and Dad when I was a year old.

Lost my Mom not quite 3 months ago to Alzheimer's. I wouldn't wish that disease on my worst enemy. Tell your Mom and Dad you love em if they're still around....

Comment

Great idea.

Few of my pops. He graduated with his first degree from LSU in '58 and never missed a game while he was there. Took him to the first A&M vs LSU game at Kyle Field and we had a blast (ps, we won)--it was his first LSU football game in 30+ years. My dad was 50 when he had me so unfortunately we won't have as long as some together but we make the best of our time. I know it's more than others. My wife lost her dad in 8th grade to a motorcycle wreck so I'm thankful for what I have.
                      That's pretty cool. Makes you grateful for the relationship you do have.

Comment

My Dad always told me he isn't just my Dad but my friend. Get's even more true the more I grow up.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Patton; 06-17-2015, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Uno mas and I'll quit crowding the thread. We surprised him on his 75th birthday with a fish fry--most of our family and his friends attended. Never seen him so happy.

Comment

I'll post one more too. This was when he built a small shack for the deer lease to keep the generator out of the weather. We all Joked about it being a midget out-house. Once we set it up at the lease I used a sharpie marker and drew a crescent moon on it. Everyone to this day still laugh's at it.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434598378.173631.jpg
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	24386959 My Dad when him and my mom visited me while I was in Air Force basic training December 1988. I miss him

Comment

Working...
                              X