AC Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC Question

Last year around Labor Day our AC acted up and we had someone come out to take a look. It was kicking off at times and then would come back on. The repairman said he found a loose connection and fixed it.

After that fix, we started having water come out of the overflow pipe whenever that AC unit runs. It drips enough to fill a waterpot my wife uses to water hanging plants every couple days.

My question is this....is this normal or should I have someone come take a look? In the 4 years we lived in the house before this repair, the AC worked fine and didn’t drip.

Ac systems make water.

Comment

You want your AC to drip. If it isn’t dripping, you will have problems.

Comment

If The main drain is clogged and it is running out of the overflow than yes you need to fix it
        It will cause water damage if left long enough

Comment

Sounds like your man condensate drain is clogged. Not normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Your AC overflow typically will empty into a drain line. If it is coming out the overflow outside, your drain line might be clogged.

Comment

X2 on clogged primary condensate line. Should be a T in it with cap to access. Put water in it & see if it drains slowly or at all. You can run a small snake it it or add some bleach & follow with some hot water. If you have a wet vac you could try & put suction on it to help loosen or remove what might be the blockage

Comment

Like Hog hunter said. I run bleach and hot water down my main drain line often. I pour bleach in and let it sit a bit before running hot water down. It should clean it out and you will stop seeing water come out the secondary drip line.

They put the secondary lines in places where you will notice when they start dripping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

See post 4,5, and 6.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                    See post 4,5, and 6.
                    did I miss something ?
                    Where did he say his water line, isn't dripping...……...
                    Sounds like, it's running normal to me.....

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                      did I miss something ?
                      Where did he say his water line, isn't dripping...……...
                      Sounds like, it's running normal to me.....
                      He mentioned water is coming off his overflow (secondary pan & drain line) which normally means primary line is plugged somewhere. Secondary line is piped to the exterior where I assume they are catching the water in the pot

Comment

ok.....thanks......

Comment

Working...
                        X