Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well... a few more companies I won’t be buying from.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
    When I went on a guided fly fishing trip in 2001 in Colorado. Our guide was an Orvis guide and she quickly before we realized what she was doing, crimped our barbs and said, we at Orvis want the fish to survive after we catch and release them so that they can be caught another day. I replied, that's the great thing about hunting - there is not catch and release.

We bought new hooks after she left us.
    Interesting, I will admit that I try and do as little harm to fish as possible, but mainly trout since they are quite a bit more finicky when it comes to being out of the water. I can maybe see a mandate on a body of water that is trying to rebuild a population or has some kind of special need that barbless would help, but not a blanket "no barb". that's ridiculous.
    I have seen a ton of folks, mainly jackos who don't know much about preservation and fishing in general, that kill trout left and right but that is mainly because of ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
      I thought the only people who buy Patagonia was the family that stops in in their Range Rover the week before their annual ski trip to Colorado to load up on vests and fuzzy hats.

Nah. Go to any college campus around and every little frat boy and sorority girl are wearing Patagonia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Boycotting companies that won’t advertise on Facebook to own the libs. I’ve seen it all now.

Comment

REI, Pantongia, and Orvis are among the groups that are against hunting and Orvis in particular thinks fish hooks with barbs should never be used. I will never buy from any of these companies. And there's lots more of them out there.

How could Orvis think this? They sell bird hunting gear.

Comment

Can add Verizon to list of companies moving away from fb

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              What mountain climbers are burning their Northface attire on here?

Comment

Well... a few more companies I won’t be buying from.

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                How could Orvis think this? They sell bird hunting gear.

Hell, Orvis sells Game Processing gear. Little late for catch and release once that happens. Orvis isn’t for barbless hooks because they don’t want to hurt the fish, they just preferred the fish to be released with the best chance of survival, so they can be caught again.[emoji6]

LMAO at a bunch of crappie, catfish and gar fishermen boycotting Orvis.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Last edited by curtintex; 06-27-2020, 02:55 PM.

Comment

REI, Pantongia, and Orvis are among the groups that are against hunting and Orvis in particular thinks fish hooks with barbs should never be used. I will never buy from any of these companies. And there's lots more of them out there.

Orvis sells hunting gear....

Comment

Working...
                  X