Watch out!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
    Until you read that it was removed from the list that the quoted law applies to.
    Yes, but NOWHERE on the TPWD website does it say that, and Brent is correct; it is still listed on the website's Threatened & Endangered list of species.

I called my game warden, and he confirmed that the Timber Rattler was removed in the January meeting of the commissioners, but they have not updated the list on the website (although I am working on that!).

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      As of this morning TPWD website still lists them as threatened.

You have official link that says otherwise?
      Brent, I found this:

Scroll down to the list of reptiles, and the Timber Rattler has been crossed through, indicating it was removed from the threatened list in January. I have a call (2, actually) into the TPWD to tell them they need to update the list!!!

Oh yeah, the Louisiana Pigtoe was added to the list, so no more harvesting of those!!!

Comment

And if that don't work just tell them Burnadell said it was OK.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Not that it really matters. The same people that will kill them now were killing them before. They just don't run the risk of getting in trouble now.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            Brent, I found this:

Scroll down to the list of reptiles, and the Timber Rattler has been crossed through, indicating it was removed from the threatened list in January. I have a call (2, actually) into the TPWD to tell them they need to update the list!!!

Oh yeah, the Louisiana Pigtoe was added to the list, so no more harvesting of those!!!
            How do you tell a La pigtoe from a Tx pigtoe. Do you ask for their papers? If a La pigtoe is sighted in Tx does it have to self quarantine? Which toe is it anyway?

Comment

Never seen one in Texas seen a bunch in Arkansas

Comment

I'm catching and releasing. I just read that relocated rattlers will most likely die.

Comment

Originally posted by reddogdan View Post
                  Never seen one in Texas seen a bunch in Arkansas
                  Pigtoes or Timber Rattlers?

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
                    Yes sir, in Weldon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Have you seen many out there? I’m also in Weldon and we have seen several over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      Brent, I found this:

Thanks for the info Randy and for the push on TPWD to update info.

Comment

Originally posted by cstephenson44 View Post
                        Have you seen many out there? I’m also in Weldon and we have seen several over the years.

This is about the 5th one we’ve seen in the last 2yrs. This is by far the biggest!! This one makes the others look like baby’s.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                          Thanks for the info Randy and for the push on TPWD to update info.
                          You know me. I'll stay on their arse until it gets done. It's not like they have to totally rebuild their whole website; just update the dang list so it is accurate, and we know what is protected.

Don't forget. Louisiana pigtoes are now off limits! Seriously!

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                            How do you tell a La pigtoe from a Tx pigtoe. Do you ask for their papers? If a La pigtoe is sighted in Tx does it have to self quarantine? Which toe is it anyway?
                            You can usually tell by their makeup!

Comment

Lucky I’ve always wanted to see one in the wild

Comment

Look at that dark tail.
                                Beautiful snake, glad you are ok.
                                Thx for sharing the pic.

Comment

Working...
                                X