Job Search Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job Search Begins

Well unfortunately I got laid off today, two weeks after I just got married. So we are testing the “through better or worse” very quickly now.

Started the job search tonight when I got home and I have already filled out unemployment.

Any tips or advice for anyone that has gone through this situation before would be much appreciated. I’m 25 with two years of experience in oil and gas at a consulting company.

I graduated from A&M December of 2017 with a degree in Petroleum Engineering and a minor in Business. I was a member of the Corps of Cadets during my time at A&M.

Started working at a consulting company in Houston in the core lab and after starting a new testing procedure they moved me to the consulting side of the company evaluating asset acquisition and assisting banks in borrowing base and redeterminations. I also used production of clients wells to better assist in acreage development and help determine proper spacing.

I know the oil industry is in shambles currently, and I would be inclined to either a career change or staying in the oil industry. If anyone has any leads I would greatly appreciate anything. Thanks y’all. I am happy to send my resume to any and everyone. I’m located in Houston, but we could relocate it if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep your head up brother. If I hear of something, I’ll let you know.

Comment

Prayers up for Ya! hope you find something soon.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
        Keep your head up brother. If I hear of something, I’ll let you know.

Thank you, that’s all I’m doing now. It’s a shock for sure, but I’m not surprised either. Thank you I appreciate it!

Comment

Man, I hate to hear this. Good luck to you and I'll keep my ears open.

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
            Thank you, that’s all I’m doing now. It’s a shock for sure, but I’m not surprised either. Thank you I appreciate it!

PM Sent

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
              Well unfortunately I got laid off today, two weeks after I just got married. So we are testing the “through better or worse” very quickly now.

Started the job search tonight when I got home and I have already filled out unemployment.

Any tips or advice for anyone that has gone through this situation before would be much appreciated. I’m 25 with two years of experience in oil and gas at a consulting company.

I graduated from A&M December of 2017 with a degree in Petroleum Engineering and a minor in Business. I was a member of the Corps of Cadets during my time at A&M.

Started working at a consulting company in Houston in the core lab and after starting a new testing procedure they moved me to the consulting side of the company evaluating asset acquisition and assisting banks in borrowing base and redeterminations. I also used production of clients wells to better assist in acreage development and help determine proper spacing.

I know the oil industry is in shambles currently, and I would be inclined to either a career change or staying in the oil industry. If anyone has any leads I would greatly appreciate anything. Thanks y’all. I am happy to send my resume to any and everyone. I’m located in Houston, but we could relocate it if need be.

I left the Oil field at 20 and went to work for Cintas.

With your degree I would apply for a management trainee job. Within 2 years if your good you should have a job making mid 70’s to mid 80’d depending on bonus.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. It's looking to be rough soon. I'm in an O&G support type company, and i was notified of a few layoffs already today and many more to come.

Sent from my SM-T837A using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep your head up brother. I to was laid off January 14th. Working for Corporate America is tough. Now I am also looking. Good luck with the job hunting.

Comment

Always hate to see someone who wants to work lose their job. Good luck finding something soon !

Comment

Maybe can help when Houston returns to normal... let’s keep in touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        Always hate to see someone who wants to work lose their job. Good luck finding something soon !

Thank you, I definitely want to work. I find it honestly fun still because I am learning. I wish I could have stayed at the company because I did learn something new everyday and I had just started taking on more responsibility starting to interact with clients more etc.

Comment

Sorry to hear this. My oldest son is your age and just got laid off and is looking, too. He works for a contractor at the Baytown Exxon. Keep your head up, and if I hear anything, I'll let you know.

Comment

Good luck.....oil work is crashing right now.

Comment

Prayers for the right opportunity to arise.

Comment

Working...
                              X