Cypress Stumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cypress Stumps

I have several of these stumps to dispose of. Some are very large. Is there anything that can be made from these? Only thing I can think is cross cutting it for a cutting board or a table top. Any ideas?

I'd assume you are talking about what we called "knees"? I always saw them used as door stops. We have one at our front door that I cut in Arkansas 20 years ago. Strip the bark off and they look real nice. You can also use cypress in damp areas, rot resistant.

Comment

Pictures won't post. There is some height to them

Comment

If you have a lot you can sell them to woodcarvers. I provide them to my FIL and he carves Santa Claus, Mary holding Jesus, and other figures out of them.

Comment

I've seen them 3 or 4 feet tall or better in the Saline river bottoms outside Leola Arkansas, most were a foot or less.

Comment

I'd like to see some pictures of what you've got. I'd be interested in buying some.

Comment

I can't them to post. The big ones are way bigger than a grown man. I have some pics with references. The stumps have been buried 15' under the river bottom.

Comment

I have been making clocks out of some and thinking about trying my hand at lamps

Comment

Bet a matching pair of chairs would look really nice.

Comment

I wouldn't even know where to begin to have something g like that made

Comment

If you want to email or text them to me so I can post them, send me a PM with your info

Comment

Are they knees or actual stumps from a cut tree? http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...tump+end+table

Comment

That looks real good. I have plenty that could do that

Comment

Chainsaw and go to town on it. Got these pics off Craig's List.

Click image for larger version

Name:	00D0D_kOpjNIfozTE_600x450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	24411605

Name:	00h0h_bEbxtxZgbHx_600x450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	24411606

Name:	01212_anaYV9yE6jy_600x450.jpg